Advanced search

to not do anything today because I am on my period?

(11 Posts)
BubbleGirl01 Wed 28-Jan-15 13:56:41

Apart from scrub my 6 week old cream sofa that I have just bled all over despite only changing my pad an hour ago. The covers are not washable and it won't come off FFS!

DH thinks I will feel better if I go to the gym hmm. I am bordering on anaemic as well hmm.

AIBU to order takeaway and not move from the (padded with a towel) sofa all day?

BubbleGirl01 Wed 28-Jan-15 13:57:43

and drive the 5 minute walk to pick up DS3 from school.

invisiblecrown Wed 28-Jan-15 13:57:58

Exercise will help with the cramps, but I wouldn't do anything I didn't want to do if I felt rubbish.

EatShitDerek Wed 28-Jan-15 13:58:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DeanKoontz Wed 28-Jan-15 13:58:42

Yanbu. Tell dh to go to the Gym and give you some peace and quiet. Unless he's going to sort out the sofa for you.

brew for you.

GokTwo Wed 28-Jan-15 13:59:36

Yanbu. Sometimes your period makes you feel bloody awful. Pardon the horrible pun!

FamilyAdventure Wed 28-Jan-15 14:12:29

Can you get the covers off and soak the patch in cold water? Works better for blood than scrubbing IME.

The Gym will make you feel better, but I wouldn't go either.

MrsMaker83 Wed 28-Jan-15 14:32:41

Yanbu atall

BubbleGirl01 Wed 28-Jan-15 14:45:12

Thank you. Got it of after dabbing it with cold water for about 15 mins thanks Family.

Icimoi Wed 28-Jan-15 14:47:39

Put it like this. If you were working - as in employed work - would you just get on with it? Or would you genuinely be justified in taking a day off?

kbbeanie Wed 28-Jan-15 15:19:25

If you have no work to be going to id be sitting on the sofa all day and doing nothing. I have endometriosis and tend to do exactly that when im on my period...(if im off work that is....if im at work i drag myself in anyways even though i feel awful)

If your bleeding is always really heavy pay a visit to your gp they can prescribe tablets which help to lessen the bleeding (tranexamic acid i think it is) i start taking it a few days before my period is due and it really helps ease the bleeding

Enjoy your relaxing afternòon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now