Talk

Advanced search

To hate the bloody Activia adverts

(7 Posts)
DeliciousIrony Tue 27-Jan-15 13:52:41

Awkward dancing/jiggling on the spot.

Huge inane grins while saying the words "acceleration of intestinal transit", like that's a normal thing that people say.

Women bizarrely clutching identical pictures of flat, toned stomachs with a smiley face drawn on, preumably to convey regular bowel movements.

"Happy tummies" - ffs, can we stop needlessly infantilizing women please.

And bloody Gok Wan smarming all over them - why is Gok not eating a yoghurt? Why (and I know it's been asked before) is it only women who eat yoghurt?

<grumpy>

Theboodythatrocked Tue 27-Jan-15 14:14:07

Totally totally agree op.

Gok gives me the creeps. Yeuk.

squoosh Tue 27-Jan-15 14:16:07

Oh I hate that one. Wiggling around talking about their happy tummies.

Makes me want a whiskey on the rocks.

Fleetfoxes Tue 27-Jan-15 14:16:15

Activia: for women who are bloated and can't shit

DeanKoontz Tue 27-Jan-15 14:23:36

I hate the one (for toothpaste, I think) were the woman/women are being told some not very pleasant news by the boyfriend. He's lost her dog, or is sleeping with her brother etc. and she just carries on grinning inanely.

Dd (11) looked at me after the last time it was on and said, "please don't buy that toothpaste"

DeliciousIrony Tue 27-Jan-15 15:06:27

Why is Gok Wan even there? It's like he is just there to supervise the eating of the yoghurts.

I'd be so much more likely to buy it if that was the actual slogan, fleetfoxes.

I don't think I remember the toothpaste one, but it sounds terrible. Who comes up with this shite?

squoosh Tue 27-Jan-15 15:08:51

Gok is the patron saint and guardian of women's bowels.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: