Talk

Advanced search

To think my neighbour has some cheek?

(20 Posts)
FayKorgasm Sun 25-Jan-15 10:46:06

Afters years of parties and shouting rows my neighbour,whose girlfriend recently had a baby,has come round to roar at me for vacuuming my stairs. Its too loud and I should have some consideration for them.
I told him to feck off. [grinsmile

whatswrongnow Sun 25-Jan-15 11:04:59

nothing to say except grin

Grumpyrealist77 Sun 25-Jan-15 11:08:46

Tell him his roaring request is too loud for you.
He needs to suck up whatever noise you make, fair's fair!

carabos Sun 25-Jan-15 11:08:58

Love it. We've got the noisy neighbours from hell - three dogs that bark non-stop, mum who shrieks from morning till night, kids who shriek back and hold screaming competitions outside (yes really - who can scream loudest and longest) and practice drums until midnight. Years ago they banged furiously on the wall when DS2 was practicing his saxophone one afternoon after school grin.

ChippingInLatteLover Sun 25-Jan-15 11:10:41

grin

I expect your stairs need hoovering an awful lot...

ExitPursuedByABear Sun 25-Jan-15 11:11:27

Please put some shelves up.

MinceSpy Sun 25-Jan-15 11:11:44

Neighbours a couple of doors up had frequent loud parties before they had children but no one complained. Arrival of kids meant they became the noise police, kids now older so noisy parties once again.

FayKorgasm Sun 25-Jan-15 11:13:29

I just did the nodding thing like I was agreeing and then smiled and said feck off. I have waited 6 years for this must get out more .
I think hell neighbours should all be made to live beside each other.

FayKorgasm Sun 25-Jan-15 11:15:21

Oh Exit I do have some floating shelves that require a good bit of masonry drilling....
Shame to not put them up.

championnibbler Sun 25-Jan-15 11:48:47

quite right.

MrsItsNoworNotatAll Sun 25-Jan-15 12:42:22

It's only right that you should now commence a major d.i.y project and make as much noise as humanly possible.

And have some parties and invite us lot.

Oh and hoover your stairs daily.

WillWorkForMoney Sun 25-Jan-15 12:48:00

Love it. What was his reaction?

I was planning on moving house as next door was having loud parties til the early hours etc. I was offered a house where next doors aunt lived so i caught her one day to ask what its like there. She was saying its not too bad, but you get these people who have no consideration for other people having to get up for work etc, and my neighbour is nodding away, saying yeah i know...some people. So i honestly believe people like this dont realise they are doing it.

Hope that makes sense lol.

FayKorgasm Sun 25-Jan-15 14:12:06

His mouth was going like a hungry goldfish shock confused shock confused .

I feel some garden renovation coming on. With a rotavator.

magimedi Sun 25-Jan-15 14:25:52

FayK - A leaf blower is much more annoying - it is the most irritating on/off whine of all.

LuisSuarezTeeth Sun 25-Jan-15 14:30:50

What a cock.

Well done grin

FayKorgasm Sun 25-Jan-15 16:11:53

Do you know what sound my neighbour hates? My really squeaky wheelbarrow. Do you know how I know? Because he slammed all his windows shut and called me a leprechaun. smile

I may just take up smoking and blow it in his general direction,afterall he seems to think I enjoy the smell of his weed. Well until the baby was born.

FightOrFlight Sun 25-Jan-15 16:22:03

afterall he seems to think I enjoy the smell of his weed. Well until the baby was born.

Ah, that explains a lot - weed withdrawal!

ghostspirit Sun 25-Jan-15 16:23:09

gosh ignore her and do what you need to do... like hoover the whole house. and use the washing machine. do you need to drill any holes by any chance?

your neighbour would hate me living next door we are very noisy. kids shout from the bannister up stairs i shout back, we are to lazy to get up,

when my kids have been born from day dot i make noise i hoover round them when they are sleep. the other kids are still noisy i cant do that be quite the babys sleeping stuff.

trying to keep a family of 5-6 quite yeah as if lol

TrendStopper Sun 25-Jan-15 17:06:49

I would just keep the hoover or a drill switched on while u put ur feet up and think of the nuisance that you are being.

My neighbour used to play their music loud during the night so i would put mine on when i got up in the morning. It eventually stopped the late night music. They once or twice had the cheek to complain in the middle of the afternoon about my loud music. I just smiled & closed the door. Now i can sleep at night and my music is played loud occasionally.

popcornpaws Sun 25-Jan-15 17:52:18

Oh yes, ours were the same but i knew by the time my DD was 18 that they would be older and quieter, how i love when she has parties or asks her friends round when she's home from uni, and just let them dare complain...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: