Advanced search

AIBU to copy another persons thread about finding most loved toy?

(15 Posts)
Jessicalovessunshine Sun 25-Jan-15 07:30:52

Long time lurker here, but i saw a thread in this section the other day about a lady who was looking for a replacement for her son's most loved toy which was resolved by you lovely mn people.
I am also searching in desperation for a 'rara' - my daughters most loved possession.
I would pay/swap/give my left arm for one of these 'jellycat cream comforters' they were discontinued a long time ago (2012?) and i haven't come across any on eBay etc.
Jelly cat do something similar now, which has a body, I also have about 12 other similar comforters...
Please help.

fairybaby Sun 25-Jan-15 08:04:20

Like this one?

bashful bunny blankie

CadleCrap Sun 25-Jan-15 08:08:06

Problem solved I think! Well done fairy

Jessicalovessunshine Sun 25-Jan-15 08:34:32

oh my gosh - surely it can't be that easy, i have honestly tried for over a year! Thank you SO much.

Will let you know when it turns up smile

fairybaby Sun 25-Jan-15 18:24:16

It would be amazing if it turns out to be the type you are looking for! I hope it not just the photo of the old discontinued one.

Jessicalovessunshine Mon 26-Jan-15 07:42:03

Fairybaby, i purchased the toy and also emailed the shop to confirm it definitely didn't have a body! (I already have one with the body which didn't work!) hopefully they will let me know quickly.
Not sure what i will do otherwise... hopefully MN can work its magic smile

Fruityflapjack Mon 26-Jan-15 07:53:20

I have a pink one (somewhere in the house) that my DD was never bothered about. Does it have to be cream?

Jessicalovessunshine Mon 26-Jan-15 08:31:31

Oh my gosh Fruityflapjack... I haven't tried any non cream ones, but i would definitely take it off your hands - please let me know how much you want for it and I can paypal you! smile

Fruityflapjack Tue 27-Jan-15 20:51:25

I will have a hunt for it. It could be in the loft with other comforters or amongst the pile of useless soft toys! I will let you know if I find it x

Jessicalovessunshine Thu 29-Jan-15 04:34:36

So it turns out that the blanket fairy baby posted is the new one, using the old picture. Gutted doesn't cover it confused

anyone else able to help? I know it is a long shot. flowers in it for you!

Thumbwitch Thu 29-Jan-15 04:49:40

Well I really hope they change the picture then, isn't that almost, if not actually, false advertising?

Hope you find it smile

123Jump Thu 29-Jan-15 05:35:17

Jessica in 99% sure I have one of those. You want one like in your OP? Just settling toddler, if I forget to get back to you just PM me later.
Mine have never been interested in it, so it won't be missed. You're welcome to it. Hope it is the right one!

123Jump Thu 29-Jan-15 05:54:12

Mine is exactly like the picture!Yay.

Jessicalovessunshine Thu 29-Jan-15 06:21:39

OH MY GOD 123 Jump - I love you!! I will PM you later, Happy to pay you and send you lots of presentsgrin

Jessicalovessunshine Thu 29-Jan-15 06:24:00

oh my god. I am so happy i could cry - THANK YOU

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now