Talk

Advanced search

The advert flashing banner thing!!!

(11 Posts)
Jaffacakesareyummy Sat 24-Jan-15 20:13:20

Omg!!!! It's so annoying mumsnet!!!

Doingakatereddy Sat 24-Jan-15 21:04:59

I agree, I'm learning to ignore them (although I'm sorely tempted to to be anything from anyone who uses such annoying banner ad's)

TheFecklessFairy Sat 24-Jan-15 21:15:54

You need Ad Blocker.

TwitterWooooo Sat 24-Jan-15 21:18:39

Ffs ffs ffs ffs
Yanbu ! I've just downloaded the app because it's driving me crackers! Don't like it though, everything is somewhere different!

MoonlightandRoses Sat 24-Jan-15 21:21:53

ghostery - easy download for relevant browser, and no more annoying adverts / banners.

Jaffacakesareyummy Sat 24-Jan-15 21:51:11

Thanks ladies
Down loaded ghostery but still getting adverts grrrrr

sykadelic Sun 25-Jan-15 03:44:52

Download mozilla firefox and install AdBlock Plus. Sorted!

catsofa Sun 25-Jan-15 03:49:00

Download mozilla firefox and install AdBlock Plus. Sorted!

^ This, but use the add-on called Adblock Edge instead. It's a version of the same thing, but Adblock Plus has started allowing "unobtrusive" adverts now. Adblock Edge blocks every single thing, I've found it totally infallible and zero effort to use (been using it for a couple of years now I think).

sykadelic Sun 25-Jan-15 16:38:09

I got a new laptop recently and hadn't installed the ad blocker yet. So many ads in places I hadn't realized and sooo distracting. DH has it on his phone too

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Sun 25-Jan-15 16:40:52

Mumsnet is free to use, MNHQ can't run without money and those little ads generate income for mumsnet to run the site.

RhiWrites Sun 25-Jan-15 18:28:54

Agree. Flashing images give me headaches. Don't think I can block them on my phone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: