Talk

Advanced search

to ask about Mcdonalds?

(92 Posts)
m0therofdragons Sat 24-Jan-15 11:27:26

I rarely go to Mcds - my dc are fussy so one doesn't like burgers or nuggets and another hates chips. But last weekend I had promised dd 2 and 3 that we'd go to a cafe while dd1 was at a party. Traffic was horrendous and so we didn't have enough time before collecting dd1. I decided to go to mcds for milkshakes they could have in the car. I've never seen the place so busy. They were queuing out the door. All the tables were full and drive through was queuing. anyway, there was not enough time and I ended up promising to make milkshakes at home.
Aibu to ask the question - why are so many eating full meals at 3.30Pm? What is that-lunch or dinner or do they have lunch and dinner too?
I know it's tragic and I need a life but it's confusing me.

EatShitDerek Sat 24-Jan-15 11:28:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

betweenmarchandmay Sat 24-Jan-15 11:29:14

Because they want to smile

AuditAngel Sat 24-Jan-15 11:30:00

My daughter's nursery serve tea at 3.30

We often eat lunch at 3.30

LadyLuck10 Sat 24-Jan-15 11:33:10

What a weird thing to be confused about confused.
There's plenty reasons why someone could be eating at that time, and that's just that.

LuckyLopez Sat 24-Jan-15 11:33:40

At the weekend we often have a late breakfast 10/11am and lunch about 3/4pm then dinner approx 8/9pm.

Why the hell do you care?

dementedpixie Sat 24-Jan-15 11:33:56

maybe they have something snacky later on. We quite often eat meals later than usual at the weekend

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 24-Jan-15 11:36:14

Well.....

They've been busy and only had time to eat at 3.30 pm.
They're on their way somewhere and eating first.
They're hungry at 3.30.

Is this a 'bash McDonalds ' thread?

WorraLiberty Sat 24-Jan-15 11:36:31

Of all the strange questions to ask grin

You should have got a clipboard out and done a survey.

Lots of people just eat when they're hungry and not when the clock tells them to.

fredfredgeorgejnr Sat 24-Jan-15 11:37:15

YABU for asking, it's the same reason why you drive around to pick people up rather than walking, it's the same reason why your kids are fussy eaters.

i.e. lots of perfectly reasonable reasons as well as some completely unreasonable ones. It doesn't matter if you eat a full meal at 3:30, the timing of lunch and dinner are just convention...

Ipigglemustdie Sat 24-Jan-15 11:38:09

Mmmmmm McRibs.......

PrincessPilolevuofTONGA Sat 24-Jan-15 11:38:46

Because they were sleeping off their hangovers, so breakfast wasn't until 11, lunch not until 3.

GlitzAndGigglesx Sat 24-Jan-15 11:40:22

Not sure if you're on about kids or adults but in my last job I started at 12 so would take my lunch break around 3-4 then have dinner later at home. Or they could've eaten lightly throughout the day and were now hungry enough for a meal. I dunno confused

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 24-Jan-15 11:40:25

Quite fancy a Big Mac and chips now, is it too early?

GlitzAndGigglesx Sat 24-Jan-15 11:40:56

Oh and I'd often go to mcd's

betweenmarchandmay Sat 24-Jan-15 11:41:20

I never eat breakfast unless I'm near a McDonald's before 11 ...

SaucyJack Sat 24-Jan-15 11:41:28

Because they are Bad People. Hanging's too good for'em.

Cornettoninja Sat 24-Jan-15 11:42:38

Not everyone has a lifestyle that allows them to have a traditional breakfast/lunch/dinner time, others eat when they're hungry, others possibly just fancy a milkshake wink

It might have been packed but I doubt you could see exactly what everyone was actually consuming. Golden Arches coffee is actually fairly decent and half the price of a costa. I'd rather go to McDonalds for a coffee most of the time - especially those odd nicer ones that they've decorated to be a bit nicer than the bog standard plastic chair ones.

betweenmarchandmay Sat 24-Jan-15 11:42:43

But seriously, in this particular instance it was probably because the traffic was horrendous.

I've regularly stopped at service stations for coffee/milkshake as it beats sitting in a stuffy car on the M6 grin

Fairenuff Sat 24-Jan-15 11:42:50

You really can't think of a reason OP? Maybe people were wondering why you were there...

Cornettoninja Sat 24-Jan-15 11:43:41

Me too marchandmay although isn't it 10.30?

Bair Sat 24-Jan-15 11:45:20

So you went there, and wondered why there were 'others'.

stripedtortoise Sat 24-Jan-15 11:45:42

Stealth boast that your kids don't like chips/nuggets etc so you just wouldn't go to McDonald's......good for you.

Cornettoninja Sat 24-Jan-15 11:47:00

Thinking more about it aren't most restaurants/fast food places open outside of 'normal' meal times? Your scenario isn't that odd surely?

Postchildrenpregranny Sat 24-Jan-15 11:50:08

It always puzzles me why people eat what looks like a full meal in the cinema mid afternoon .I sort of thought most people eat lunch/dinner sometime between 12and 2 and would be going home for tea/dinner between 5 and 7 .Obviously not .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: