Talk

Advanced search

to be sad that so many people still fall for weight watchers food

(60 Posts)
alittlethyme Sat 24-Jan-15 10:13:23

Its such a con, its not any healthier its just smaller packets for most of it. people would save money if they just bought normal stuff and ate half of it. Although saying that calorie restriction very very rarely works long termterm. Its all designed to make people fail, if it was any good they'd put themselves out of business.

ApocalypseThen Sat 24-Jan-15 10:21:05

Hardly a revelation. People who go to WW and buy their products are probably aware of all this. So other than to point out that you're brilliant and clever and they're gullible chumps, what's your point?

dexter73 Sat 24-Jan-15 10:22:04

I would try not to get too sad thinking about what other people choose to eat.

YoullShootYourEyeOut Sat 24-Jan-15 10:23:32

Not just smaller, full of sweeteners and chemical crap to make up for the lack of taste caused by the removal of fat. Weight Watchers and all other "diet" foods are evil.

OstentatiousBreastfeeder Sat 24-Jan-15 10:23:37

Why sad?

Nobody I know on WW fall for it. They use their ready meals in a pinch because all the information that's pertinent to them is conveniently displayed, otherwise they steer clear.

Koalafications Sat 24-Jan-15 10:25:50

<meh>

I'm not going to get worked up about what other people eat. Their choice isn't it?

Elllimam Sat 24-Jan-15 10:27:14

Oh dear really? I've been eating their puddings for weeks.

alittlethyme Sat 24-Jan-15 10:27:36

I'm not trying to be smug, round with sil now and she's loaded up on the stuff and I'm keeping quiet! Just makes me sad that this company is setting her up to fail.

gamerwidow Sat 24-Jan-15 10:27:42

I don't think anyone thinks it's healthier. It is however much easier to 'point' than non ww foods so it makes the diet easier to follow.

Redglitter Sat 24-Jan-15 10:28:01

Why does anyone buy any ready meals. convenience? I'm following WW and I never ever buy their meals.

Mind you nor do I give a second thought to people who choose to eat them, let alone get sad about it confused

alittlethyme Sat 24-Jan-15 10:28:23

It maybe their choice, but their being conned so its hardly a level playing field.

Lulu1083 Sat 24-Jan-15 10:29:08

'people would save money if they just bought normal stuff and ate half of it.'

Err, I'm over weight because I have no self control, there would be no eating half of anything!!

Some people like to diet in a regimented way, that's why things like diet chef, weight watchers etc. work for them. Takes the hassle out of all the counting.

Can't get too worked up about people trying to lose weight in a way that works for them.

Redglitter Sat 24-Jan-15 10:30:14

They're being conned???? How on earth do you work that out they're buying a ready meal.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 24-Jan-15 10:30:28

Don't be sad over ww food.

Cheer up.

DoJo Sat 24-Jan-15 10:30:43

Weight Watchers and all other "diet" foods are evil.

Why? I see people referring to the 'chemicals' etc in diet foods a lot on here, but the truth is that if you are really overweight and need to get started on weight loss, reducing your calories is a good way to go. I don't know anyone who has died as a result of eating diet food, but obesity is a contributory factor in many deaths!

fatlazymummy Sat 24-Jan-15 10:30:44

youllshootyoureyeout how can food be evil? It's just food.
All the ingredients are listed on the packet. It's up to the individual to read it (if they wish) and decide for themselves what to put into their own bodies.

VashtaNerada Sat 24-Jan-15 10:31:08

I buy some WW food. I'm completely aware of what's in it. If I were able to eat half a chocolate bar and put the rest back I wouldn't have gotten fat though! I've lost a lot of weight this way, different plans work for different people.

BestIsWest Sat 24-Jan-15 10:34:14

Weight Watchers didn't work for me at all. I couldn't get past the meringues. I joined several times, stuck to the pian and never lost anything. I did much better at slimming World.

ApocalypseThen Sat 24-Jan-15 10:34:58

Also, all foods have chemicals. That's what food is made of.

Tinkerball Sat 24-Jan-15 10:35:49

WW food is not evil, that's ridiculous, it's just ready meals to be used in conjunction with whatever else you are eating when you are cutting down on calories. No-one us getting conned either, it has the points printed on the front and you choose to buy it or point your own meal. I don't use them but I can see how others do, just like non-dieting people use other ready meals.

Tinkerball Sat 24-Jan-15 10:37:54

And WW does work if people stick to it, all points are are representations of calories and if we eat less calories our body needs to tick over we will lose weight.

Cornettoninja Sat 24-Jan-15 10:37:55

I do think their snack food is a con. Their custard creams are only a couple of calories less than bog standard ones and you could have a pack of wotsits/skips/puffed maizey type bag of crisps for the same as their 'diet' ones.

It's not exactly helping to reeducate by misdirecting people away from the standard stuff available on the pretence it's some sort of specially formulated calorie reduced version.

JockTamsonsBairns Sat 24-Jan-15 10:40:28

I don't understand being 'sad'. Why so sad? Generally irked about the whole diet industry, I get that, but WW has worked for plenty of people I know - it's really not just a simple case of "eating half" of stuff, otherwise the situation of being overweight wouldn't arise in the first place.

alittlethyme Sat 24-Jan-15 10:41:14

I do think their snack food is a con. Their custard creams are only a couple of calories less than bog standard ones and you could have a pack of wotsits/skips/puffed maizey type bag of crisps for the same as their 'diet' ones.

This exactly!

CiderwithBuda Sat 24-Jan-15 10:41:53

The only time I have lost weight consistently and steadily was with Weight Watchers. 3 stone.

I ate some WW food but not all Ww food. It is handy as it is easy to count the points. But they don't recommend you eat lots of it or replace all of your meals with it.

The basic message is good. Eat less. Eat filling and healthy food. Move more. But if you want a treat or need a quick meal then there are WW foods that you can use if you want to.

Stocking your kitchen with ww foods is unlikely to lead to weight loss without taking on board the eat less, eat filling and healthy foods and move more message too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: