Talk

Advanced search

to think my 5 yr old DD having discharge is strange?

(4 Posts)
oinkyoink Sat 24-Jan-15 09:56:12

My 5 year old has had discharge in her pants for the last 6 months or so. It reminds me of what I had as a teen... I thought it was very unusual and took whe to the dr. They did a swab and sent it away and all was normal so that's the end of that for them however I'm still concerned.
Has anyone else seen this in their children? My mum seems to think it's a sign something is wrong as she had three daughters and said none of us had discharge this young.
Could it signify something is up or is it normal?

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sat 24-Jan-15 10:02:24

Hi Oink.
I don't want to alarm you but could it be that she's only a few years of puberty. You can start to get discharge a few years before and yes it's rare but not impossible for puberty to start sometimes as young 7or 8.

diddl Sat 24-Jan-15 10:05:47

I think if there has been a swab tested & that's not showing infection then that's OK, especially if no itching/smell.

Unless you want a 2nd opinion.

MrsCaptainReynolds Sat 24-Jan-15 10:36:19

A foreign body, eg bead, bit of lego can lead to a vaginal discharge in prepubertal girls.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: