Talk

Advanced search

To speak to school about this?

(7 Posts)
Pyjamaramadrama Fri 23-Jan-15 22:58:08

Something happened with a child at after school club today (away from school), another child hit ds.

It was dealt with however I told ds that if it happens again in school he's to speak to the teacher.

Ds has told me that he can't speak to the teacher as they get but on behaviour report for 'telling tales'.

Aibu to be a bit wtaf about this? I get that they don't want kids running up every 5 minutes with he said/she said. But I'm angry that ds feels that he can't tell anyone if he's been hit as he'll be in trouble.

I'm sure or at least i hope that that's not the intention, but it's obviously coming across that way.

We're talking 5/6 year olds.

I thought I might mention this to the teacher next week.

DecaffCoffeeAndRollupsPlease Fri 23-Jan-15 23:02:28

Your child should feel comfortable and confident raising issues with their teacher, yanbu to bring it up with the teacher.

RainbowFlutterby Fri 23-Jan-15 23:04:33

Yes, discuss it with your child's teacher. That's probably not how the school meant it to come across so this will give them the opportunity to put it right.

LindyHemming Fri 23-Jan-15 23:10:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BMO Fri 23-Jan-15 23:15:09

Like Euphemia I always ask "is this about something that happened to you".

Mention to the teacher that he has misunderstood the difference between telling tales and reporting a problem.

WorraLiberty Fri 23-Jan-15 23:17:34

Do talk to the teacher because it's quite likely that he's misunderstood.

MrsTawdry Fri 23-Jan-15 23:20:51

I wouldn't take what DS says seriously Op...at this age they get things mixed up. You need to inform the teacher yourself...and then tell her or him that you told DS to report any further incidents and he seemed to be afraid of being accused of "telling tales" and then tell the teacher you've explained to DS the difference between reporting an assault and telling tales ...so you're confident that should he report any incidents that he won't be in trouble for "telling tales"

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: