Talk

Advanced search

to be hurt and confused by being deleted on Instagram?

(7 Posts)
kobebryant Fri 23-Jan-15 19:36:55

Ok for fuck sake its just social media.

But a close friend has just removed me as a follower and has made her account private. She has also removed me as a follower.

Now it's not the fact that it's Instagram or that I was deleted, it's the act itself. I guess she's angry with me but has never said anything.

Aibu to feel hurt and confused?

TheSpottedZebra Fri 23-Jan-15 19:40:28

You feel how you feel.
Why not talk to her about it?

DoJo Fri 23-Jan-15 19:47:30

Surely there are a million other explanations other than that she is angry with you? Someone trolling her account, a decision to keep it totally private and delete all followers for whatever reason, tightening up security and accidentally overdoing it, clicking on your name instead of someone else's - those are just a few perfectly reasonable explanations for someone doing this (if indeed one is really needed). Why not call her and ask? At least then you can alert her if it's a mistake or sort out whatever's the problem if you have unwittingly upset her.

LumpenproletariatAndProud Fri 23-Jan-15 19:49:09

If she is a 'close' friend then you should either know why, or be able to ask her why.

Charlotte3333 Fri 23-Jan-15 19:49:12

I'd ask outright. There's nothing worse (well, there is, but you know what I mean) than dwelling on something tiny for so long you build it up into something enormous. Ask her why, and even if she gives you an unsavoury answer, you'll not feel any worse than you do already.

ScotsWhaHae Fri 23-Jan-15 19:51:41

I don't really want instagram friends. I have an account as I like mucking about with the effects on pictures and would share the odd one on Facebook. Now I all of a sudden have friends or followers I don't want to post cheesy selfies for them all to see.

HowCanIMissYouIfYouWontGoAway Fri 23-Jan-15 19:52:16

Have you talked to her about whether or not something is bothering her?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: