Advanced search

To ask for advice

(7 Posts)
wrenchedgut Fri 23-Jan-15 15:03:11

I'm getting married early next year and am in 2 minds about whether or not I should invite my sister's partner who has been physically abusive? Police have been involved and the whole family knows about it. They live together and are going for counselling and "trying to move on".

If I don't invite him do I run the risk of pushing my sister away? If I invite him am I saying I agree with their relationship? I'm so confused!

EatShitDerek Fri 23-Jan-15 15:05:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wrenchedgut Fri 23-Jan-15 16:05:06

Thanks for the reply. Yes, my instinct was to grin and bear it for the sake of my sister

Nabootique Fri 23-Jan-15 16:06:40

Can you talk to your sister about it?

sliceofsoup Fri 23-Jan-15 16:08:51

Inviting him is not a comment on their relationship.

You, quite rightly don't approve, but really its none of your business. Your sister has decided to stay with him and go to counselling. No matter how bad a choice that is, you need to support her in it until she asks you to do otherwise.

NancyRaygun Fri 23-Jan-15 16:20:30

What an arsehole. I would HATE to have to invite someone like that to my wedding. A friend had the same dilemma with her sister and in the end did invite her abusive partner to keep harmony - for her. But she hated it. Luckily they broke up. I think you have to ask him, as long as she wants him there. sad

wrenchedgut Tue 27-Jan-15 15:44:56

Thanks everyone. Yes he is an arsehole. I think we'll have to invite him for sister's sake and pray that they break up soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now