Talk

Advanced search

To be really happy that Alistair Appleton

(17 Posts)
wouldliketoknow2 Thu 22-Jan-15 06:37:13

of "Escape to the Country" and previously "House Doctor" fame is now apparently also running meditation courses and to consider booking myself on to one??

I've always loved his manner and thought he is generally lovely and now I might get to meet him!! I am also interested in meditation and the two day course I am considering is in a lovely location so it's not only that blush.

wouldliketoknow2 Thu 22-Jan-15 06:43:46

The thought that I might have this course to look forward to has really cheered me up grin. Dh works away for a week at a time and only ever contacts me if he needs something doing but I don't care because I might get to spend two days with Alistair Appleton on second thoughts maybe I would be doing the course for the wrong reasons!

Longdistance Thu 22-Jan-15 06:49:51

Go for it. I quite like Alistair Appleton too. He seems like a decent chap.

Your dh sounds like mine. Although, not away all week, he only calls me if he wants something. Highly irritating. That's probably one of the many reasons we are in counselling.

MissYamabuki Thu 22-Jan-15 06:51:56

I love Alistair smile

AgentProvocateur Thu 22-Jan-15 07:06:53

Me too. Where are his courses?

BringMeTea Thu 22-Jan-15 07:21:40

I nearly went on one last summer but sadly couldn't make it. He is a special person I think.

londonrach Thu 22-Jan-15 07:22:33

Hes seems so gentle. I love watching him too.

wouldliketoknow2 Thu 22-Jan-15 07:35:26

The course I want to go on is in the South Downs but they are in several locations.

His website (not his personal one but his meditation one) seems to be down this morning but this is the address.

I hope your counselling goes well longdistance.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Thu 22-Jan-15 08:24:15

you do know he is gay don't you? still love him even if he will never reciprocate sad

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Thu 22-Jan-15 08:32:56

He is a very safe crush as a gay Buddhist grin

wouldliketoknow2 Thu 22-Jan-15 08:33:18

Yes I know he is gay, it's more about basking in his presence must confess to being a little disappointed when I found out smile.

TheSpottedZebra Thu 22-Jan-15 08:38:11

He does seem a lovely bloke, doesn't he? And a bit of a polymath.

Go, and come back and reassure us all hat he is indeed as nice as he seems.

Nanny0gg Thu 22-Jan-15 08:51:31

Used to love his banter with Anne Maurice. I appreciate I'm old enough to be his mother, but I wish they'd get him back on TV again.

diddl Thu 22-Jan-15 08:54:41

adding to the chorus of how lovely he seems!

wouldliketoknow2 Thu 22-Jan-15 09:02:49

He is on TV in Escape to the Country nannyOgg. He's 45 this year.

wouldliketoknow2 Thu 22-Jan-15 09:06:40

(And I've just turned 46 so that would've been perfect grin).

Didn't know what polymath meant until today so thanks zebra. He does come across that way doesn't he.

Will definitely update but the course is in April (if I go) so a while to wait!

Nanny0gg Thu 22-Jan-15 22:00:45

Ok. Not quite old enough...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: