Talk

Advanced search

...to absolutely love it when Phil Spencer/Ann Maurice/Colin & Justin slag off people's decor...?

(24 Posts)
KingJoffreyObviouslyWatchesHol Wed 21-Jan-15 20:40:47

I really enjoy it.

Not so much the poor people's reactions - that's hideous and they often look a bit crushed. I love it when they see the end result and look all happy.

Just the general slagging off.

"This wall paper is vile." / "This carpet looks like shit." / "What the fuck were you thinking when you purchased that lamp?"

I'm really into décor. Ideally I'd be an interior designer or professional declutterer - no idea how to get into it though.

All I have are these bitchy programs to keep me going.

Am I a horrible person?

blush

Fugacity Thu 22-Jan-15 16:42:29

Is Ann Maurice back on TV?

SuasSios Thu 22-Jan-15 16:44:07

Is Ann Maurice back on TV?

Was going to ask the same, I used to love a bit of House Doctor

FightOrFlight Thu 22-Jan-15 16:45:37

Not so keen on those type of programmes but I do enjoy Homes Under the Hammer where you see the changes that they've made to a right shit hole.

Fugacity Thu 22-Jan-15 16:46:00

I'm put my house on the market today and would love her advice on home staging!

Fugacity Thu 22-Jan-15 16:54:38

Just looked.

House Doctor is on around 4am tomorrow. I have created a series link smile

Marylou2 Thu 22-Jan-15 16:59:48

They should definitely bring back House Doctor I loved Ann Maurice.I might have to set up a petition on the Downing Steet Website

squoosh Thu 22-Jan-15 17:08:57

Colin and Justin!

Have I fallen into a wormhole and found myself back in 2003? I bet that Llewelyn Bowen chap is around here somewhere turning a 3 bed semi into a Moroccan riad.

SuasSios Thu 22-Jan-15 17:21:26

Oh how I loved Changing Rooms ... remember when they broke the woman's collection of teapots? Good times!

KingJoffreyObviouslyWatchesHol Thu 22-Jan-15 17:43:01

Oooo, I remember the teapots!

shock

Suspending 30 teapots on wire on planks in the middle of a room was a wanky idea though.

Changing Rooms trashed houses. Who wants a medieval style dining room in their 3 bed semi?

SuasSios Thu 22-Jan-15 17:47:49

Suspending 30 teapots on wire on planks in the middle of a room was a wanky idea though.

what could possibly go wrong!

I used to be engrossed by how at the start the couple would say "well they like beige and magnolia" and then Lynda Barker would open the paint tins and convince them that their neighbours would adore a red and black brothel-esque lounge

SuasSios Thu 22-Jan-15 17:48:40

* Linda Barker

Greyhound Thu 22-Jan-15 17:50:11

The teapot episode was a classic - it's a shame they didn't film the shelves collapsing.

KingJoffreyObviouslyWatchesHol Thu 22-Jan-15 17:57:01

Didn't it happen overnight?

They left their masterpiece and went home all gleeful and came back to a pile of wood and crockery.

Trenzalore Thu 22-Jan-15 18:16:41

Colin and Justin usually end up making the place even worse after they descend on it!

Anne Maurice was the best.

Id NEVER let Linda barker, Kathryn Rayward, or Colin and Justin near my house.

Nor Peter Orange.

John Amables not too bad, Graham Wynne was good,

I miss those home improvement shows (except changing rooms, that was Baaaaad!)

I like the end resultsd on homes under the hammer too.

KingJoffreyObviouslyWatchesHol Thu 22-Jan-15 18:26:44

Homes Under The Hammer annoys me.

I think it's the male presenter's coat. And him having to put his hand in every crack.

Wouldn't stand near him with a low cut top on.

clam Thu 22-Jan-15 18:41:47

I am strangely addicted to Homes Under the Hammer too, although I get very irritated by the ridiculous lengths they go to make weak puns and link them to dodgy songs on the sound track.

ChocolateOranges Thu 22-Jan-15 18:45:19

I think it's the male presenter's coat. And him having to put his hand in every crack.

Wouldn't stand near him with a low cut top on

grin

snarf @ every crack. some days I have a teenage sense of humour

Nanny0gg Thu 22-Jan-15 18:55:19

HUTH's Martin needs to stop saying 'quid' rather than pounds and to learn the correct pronunciation of 'subsidence'/

Colin & Justin did a series in Canada and those houses were lovely.

Phil and Amanda Lamb and What's-her-face with the 4 sons and the stately pile are all a poor man's Ann Maurice, the original and best.

LLB does really know his stuff - he wrote a book on décor and houses that was fascinating. But Changing Rooms was dire.

What was the programme they all started on? (Kevin, Lawrence, Diarmuid etc?)

MargotLovedTom Thu 22-Jan-15 19:04:35

Homes Under The Hammer gets a bit dull after a while - all the houses end up decorated in the same way.

I loved Property Ladder.

dixiechick1975 Thu 22-Jan-15 19:05:17

Are Colin & Justin on anymore used to love them.

They did one where they renovated houses and when all their barmy ideas were contrary to building regs had a massive hissy fit at the builder.

PinkSquash Thu 22-Jan-15 19:08:39

Ooh I loved watching all these, changing rooms was my first foray into housey stuff as a child, it was horrible most of the time but it was a must see.

SwedishEdith Thu 22-Jan-15 19:20:45

HUTH is only good when they buy somewhere to live in themselves. The developments are all identical and so so dull.

The most stupid one is Double the value of your house for half the money or some such nonsense. So, they pick a really expensive house nearby that they'd like to live in but have no chance of affording, then have and extension but because this comes in a less than the big massive house in the nicer street it's a result. Love watching them though.

Sister77 Fri 23-Jan-15 14:31:37

Oh please can someone start a petition to bring back ann Maurice and house doctor? Please!
And I liked Kim and Aggie too!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: