Talk

Advanced search

To want those little white pricing stickers come off cleanly!!

(22 Posts)
Cornonthecob Wed 21-Jan-15 20:38:27

So annoying! Have a lovely present to give but trying not to ruin it by leaving pricing sticker residue!! Argh!

SecretSpy Wed 21-Jan-15 20:39:37

TKMaxx stickers are utter bastards. Impossible.

TheFutureMrsB Wed 21-Jan-15 20:41:58

Wd40 or a bit of mayo will get the sticky residue off if it's a solid surface and not likely to ruin.

molyholy Wed 21-Jan-15 20:42:41

Yes secret. TKMaxx stickers are an absolute PITA!

Liara Wed 21-Jan-15 20:46:44

Alcohol works quite well on most things.

egnahc Wed 21-Jan-15 20:48:48

get a bottle of sticky stuff- lasts years- works all the time

LongDistanceLove Wed 21-Jan-15 20:50:01

You need to get under the glue, don't just rip it off, go from a corner and really get under the glue with your nail, then you should be able to get the sticker off by peeling the sticker slowly away from you. There is a nack to it, which I developed working at a store with very sticky stickers.

TitchyThings Wed 21-Jan-15 20:51:13

White spirit, bit smelly though.

Discopanda Wed 21-Jan-15 20:52:43

Alcohol works quite well on most people too grin

Janethegirl Wed 21-Jan-15 22:52:30

Plenty of alcohol ensures you can't see the stickers grin

TattyDevine Wed 21-Jan-15 22:56:23

I know, they are a bitch!

Seriouslyffs Wed 21-Jan-15 23:13:27

grin Tatty

Coyoacan Thu 22-Jan-15 02:42:22

White spirits is what you need. My BIL is a commercial photographer from the olden days and he gave me that tip.

DonnaTheKamikaze Thu 22-Jan-15 03:05:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NutcrackerFairy Thu 22-Jan-15 06:36:54

TK Maxx are the worst!

So they sell lovely smellies and things that you can give as gifts... but then they stick a great big hyper sticky price label on the pretty packaging and you nearly always ruin it as you gently try to ease the label off.

Their labels also seem to leave a sticky and dirty residue, so double whammy of frustration.

TK Maxx sort it out!

Becles Thu 22-Jan-15 07:39:20

Nail varnish remover. Came to me after 4 years angry of stubbing at, then glaring at the stubborn 50p (2x) sized sticker residue on a rather expensive mirror in my living room.

Yyy to wanting to know just why they bung a massive "I spent £2 or as little as I can get away with on your present sticker" on an obvious present. I have been frustrated with this when I buy flowers too - peelable stickers not beyond the wit of retailersangry too narked to even speak properly

NormHonal Thu 22-Jan-15 07:42:22

<links arms with the TKMaxx label-haters>

The little white sticky circles...new circles of hell?!

BrieAndChilli Thu 22-Jan-15 07:45:24

BABY WIPES
I had a sticker the other day that wouldn't come off a present, could only rip a tiny bit off at a time and in my desperation grabbed a wipe from next me and it got all of it off, sticker, sticky residue the lot!

42isnottheanswer Thu 22-Jan-15 07:45:30

This stuff is great and the bottle lasts for years www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-De-Solv-It-1022-50ml-Sticky-Stuff-Remover-/321642199587?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ae35e7a23
You can get it in Lakeland. Even works on TKMaxx labelswink

lavenderhoney Thu 22-Jan-15 07:54:20

I was in lk bennet once and the sales assistant asked me if I wanted her to take the label off the shoes. I said yes and she had a small bottle of squirty stuff which worked like magic. It didn't have a label on and she didn't know where it came from.

Perhaps it was wd40 decanted into a spray bottle. Or vodkasmile

NutcrackerFairy Sat 24-Jan-15 12:33:07

The problem is when it's a sticky label on paper packaging.

So you can't use nail polish remover or a wet wipe to get it off because you damage the packaging.

And yes, it's then really obvious that you've bought someone a lovely bottle of perfume or shower gel... at a discount store.

You cheapskate grin

I prefer for my giftees to think I've bought them a lovely, thoughtful, luxurious present... of the sort that they might have bought themselves except for thinking no, they mustn't spend that much on such a frippery.

TK Maxx however then make it obvious that I also haven't spent much on their present via their low class sticky label and this defeats the whole purpose imo.

I'll say it again, TK MAXX SORT IT OUT!!!!

blanklook Sat 24-Jan-15 17:18:13

Sometimes warming a sticker can make removal of it and its residue easier, try a few passes with a hairdryer.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: