Advanced search

To consider going missing

(28 Posts)
Endoftheroadreached Wed 21-Jan-15 18:04:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Endoftheroadreached Wed 21-Jan-15 18:07:10

MondayNext Wed 21-Jan-15 18:09:26

Then what? Not to be unhelpful but you'll still have anxiety, maybe more if you're trying to hide from everyone.
Ask for help in RL. Tell a friend about the something stupid, maybe it won't seem as bad. Talk to your parents and make a little plan to improve things. Talk to us in the meantime.
Your children will miss you so much! They're only being horrible teenagers because you make them feel secure. See, you're doing a great job grin

RandomNPC Wed 21-Jan-15 18:09:51

Couldn't read and run. You sound like you're in a very bad place at the moment anxiety and depression wise. It's hitting your self image and feeding your brain with guilt; I've been in similar places too.
You're not stupid, you're not worthless, you're not a crap mum. You're ill, and particularly ill at present. It's not your fault and it isn't a choice you've made. Everything is fixable if you are well, less so if you're not. Are you under a MH team, or your GP?

MondayNext Wed 21-Jan-15 18:10:33

See the doc about the anxiety and pain, drugs can work wonders, it needn't be forever

Vycount Wed 21-Jan-15 18:11:29

You need to seek help Op, and I know others will be along to suggest who to contact. I couldn't leave this thread without saying - the kids wouldn't be happier. They might be happy, but the "What if? Could I have stopped her?" never, ever goes. You need to want to stay around for yourself, but also for them, they need you.

Spadequeen Wed 21-Jan-15 18:12:53

I couldn't read and run.

I genuinely know how you feel. But please don't, this isn't the answer. I'm afraid I don't know what is, although your kids might be hormonal nightmares right now, they would never get over this, neither would your parents.

Have you spoken to anyone in real life? have you had any debt counselling?

Endoftheroadreached Wed 21-Jan-15 18:14:16

RandomNPC Wed 21-Jan-15 18:16:45

Is there another GP you could see at the practice? Are you on any antidepressants/ anti anxiety medication?

woowoo22 Wed 21-Jan-15 18:20:20

Is the GP aware of the abuse? Could they help you to access some treatment, maybe therapy or something else? thanks

Endoftheroadreached Wed 21-Jan-15 18:21:02

woowoo22 Wed 21-Jan-15 18:23:15

Is there an emergency MH number you could call?

RandomNPC Wed 21-Jan-15 18:24:24

Beta blockers like propranolol are occasionally used for anxiety, but not for depression. There are better medications that can be used. I'm sorry to hear that your surgery is all locums, that's rubbish and useless for continuity of care. Have you got any other surgeries close by? How old are your kids?

GothMummy Wed 21-Jan-15 18:26:57

Your children would not get over it, they would not be happier. You need proper help from your GP sad

Endoftheroadreached Wed 21-Jan-15 18:30:15

Relectantstepmother Wed 21-Jan-15 18:36:32

Your children will not be happier without you, they must have been through a lot too and having you as their constant is part of their happiness and security.

You need to talk to someone who understands what you have been through.
Have a look at Women's Aid website and they have a helpline, they can give you advice. Their support does not stop when you are out of the relationship.

www.womensaid.org.uk/

Endoftheroadreached Wed 21-Jan-15 18:41:54

woowoo22 Wed 21-Jan-15 18:46:20

Can you speak to the Police about anything? Just thinking that it is shocking he can get you from that. So sorry OP.

Endoftheroadreached Wed 21-Jan-15 18:55:13

Endoftheroadreached Wed 21-Jan-15 18:55:40

ohtheholidays Wed 21-Jan-15 19:05:43

Really worried about you OP.I have been where you are now!

I just had a quick look online and found this www.nhs.uk/Conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/Pages/low-mood-stress-anxiety.aspx it's worth having a look at.

I have a friend who came very close to committing suicide recently,it scared the life out of all of us that are close to her.She had been through similar to you and is also a single parent to a teenager.

She accessed help from a local hospital that specialize just in different types of mental health problems(depression ect)is there any where like that near you.She had the option of getting help as an outpatient or she could be an inpatient.

ohtheholidays Wed 21-Jan-15 19:12:50

With your pain a hospital like the one I suggested above could help or make an appointment with your Dr tomorrow morning and tell them you want to be referred to your hospitals pain clinic.

You could also fill out a points form it would help your Dr see how depressed you are and would help them sort out support and help for you.This is the kind of form I mean www.patient.co.uk/doctor/patient-health-questionnaire-phq-9

Ragglefrock Wed 21-Jan-15 20:23:57

Hmmm I'm going to buck the trend here and suggest a compromise. If your children can safely stay with grandparents for a while (a month?) Then I think you should 'disappear' by going away on holiday/travelling. Although obviously with the knowledge and consent of grandparents. You sound tired and have clearly had some really bad luck. Save up or find a way to get a month long job on a ship or something. More medication just sounds like you'd be numbing yourself.

RandomNPC Wed 21-Jan-15 20:43:44

Ragglefrock, correctly prescribed antidepressants do not 'numb' you. It's not the days of tranquillisers any more. Quite often when very low or anxious, an extreme flight or fight response kicks in. Running away does not alleviate depression; you wouldn't suggest running away from diabetes! Medication and talking treatments would be helpful here, under proper supervision.
A break from the OPs situation might well be helpful, with the GPS support, but it's not going to alleviate the situation.

GreenPetal94 Wed 21-Jan-15 20:46:16

Don't do it in a hurry but do the grandparents know how you feel? Could they give you a break? When you run away in your head where do you want to go? Could you agree a few weeks away alone in that place?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: