Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to put up a picture of DD that isn't actually DD...

(5 Posts)
BeggingYourPardon Wed 21-Jan-15 17:55:54

I just picked DD up from nursery and was handed a few bits from her tray including an invoice, handmade christmas card and a calender.

A popped us both in the car, came home, started dinner etc. I've just picked up the paperwork and looked at the calender. Its a handmade one with a paint handprint and the months printed and stuck down with nursery grade glitter glue. Its cute and shes only 2.5, I like these little nursery bits and bobs. There is a photo of her in the top corner playing in the sandpit. But.... Its not actually my DD! The little girl is strikingly similar and by god I had to look close! But she is not DD and wearing a TShirt DD hasn't got.

Do I hang it up and see if DH ever notices its not DD!! grin

If he never does will any of the family notice?

What if doppleganger family is having the exact same problem right now...confused

EatShitDerek Wed 21-Jan-15 18:02:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadyPenny Wed 21-Jan-15 18:09:52

I think my dh probably would notice.

On the other hand I wouldn't have a clue grin

Are you sure it's not a day when she got dirty and nursery maybe changed her top.

BeggingYourPardon Wed 21-Jan-15 18:13:57

lady

I thought that for a split second but DD is a bit chubbier in the toddler sense. This little girl is how I'd imagine DD to look in a year or so.

Unless our nursery time travels which could make up part of the extortionate fees wink.

Rosieposy4 Wed 21-Jan-15 20:31:39

I have done worse, i have 4 dc, in their early years they all looked very similar. Each one in reception did work on a project entitled something "how I have grown"
This includes taking a photo of yourself as a baby, 1 year old, 2 year old etc to school, where the kids then add lots of paint, glue and the odd word.
Our house was its usual disorganised self, I remember DC4 needs photos for the following day, cannot find a hard copy photo anywhere of them aged 2.
Only solution, give them a photo of DC1 at the same age, present it as them.
The finished article is still up on the wall at home blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: