Advanced search

To be astonished at my three year olds self restraint!?!

(12 Posts)
TheCunnyFunt Wed 21-Jan-15 11:25:45

DD asked if she could have some of her chocolate reindeer that was still unopened for christmas (I know I know, IABVU for still having unopened christmas chocolate grin ). I said yes, and that I'd get her some in a minute when I'd finished what I was doing. Few minutes later DD appears 'I had a tiny bit of one of my reindeer!'. 'Shit!' Thinks I, I rushed to the kitchen to find that she had indeed had a tiny bit and not scoffed the whole thing like I would have done

Purplehonesty Wed 21-Jan-15 11:27:15

Bless her!

Sausages123 Wed 21-Jan-15 11:29:02

My 4 yr old Son is the same will only have a little bit, I on the other hand are waiting for him to forget about the Halloween/ Christmas choc so I can start eating it unfortunately as well as restraint he has a strong sense of ownership and a memory like an elephant!

Floggingmolly Wed 21-Jan-15 11:29:04

You say "one of my reindeer"... Are the rest still around? grin

TheCunnyFunt Wed 21-Jan-15 11:33:28

No it's what she says grin for example if I have a glass of juice she'll ask me 'Mummy, please can I have a tiny bit of one of your juice?'

It's quite cute smile

evmil Wed 21-Jan-15 11:34:48

Haha, my 4yo is the same. He asked for some chocolate santa yesterday and had a tiny bit, then offered me and DH the rest grin

WorraLiberty Wed 21-Jan-15 11:34:54

God I couldn't eat a whole one of those

They are lovely though, especially with a cup of tea.

ChangingItUp Wed 21-Jan-15 11:35:44

Mine's always been like this. I can give him a huge bag of sweets, tell him he can have 3 and to give the rest back which he always does. Never whines for more. Astounds my friends, apparently it's 'not normal' hmm.

Enb76 Wed 21-Jan-15 11:39:03

Mine is also like this and always shares her stuff, never just gobbles it all to herself like I do. It's inhuman. I hide stuff I don't want to share cos her hurt little face makes me feel terrible.

StrikesMatches Wed 21-Jan-15 11:39:05

That's lovely!

DD is the same. She's 4.5 and since she was about 18months, my Mum gives her (and DS) a fun size packet of buttons when she sees her. The odd time Mum hasn't a small packet, she'll buy a regular one, and DD eats half and hands me the rest as it's "too much"! DS (2.5) on the other hand, drags a chair to the treat drawer and helps himself to whatever will fit in his mouth... hmm

dingdongdonna Wed 21-Jan-15 11:53:49

stealth boast

TheCunnyFunt Wed 21-Jan-15 12:15:54

Strangely enough if you give her a bag of sweets etc she would devour the lot! I'm amazed she didn't at least try to demolish the whole reindeer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now