Talk

Advanced search

to visit my mum in her nursing home rather than turn on the central heating here?

(4 Posts)
kitnkaboodle Tue 20-Jan-15 11:41:31

It's just so cosy there! We have to economise desperately through Jan and Feb and I work at home.

Heating comes on 6.30-8.30 and house stays pretty warm til 10. Comes on again 4pm-6pm, by which time I'm cooking as well so it all gets pretty toasty after that. Log burner gets lit after dinner - lovely.

It just from 10-4 that it's bloody freezing at the moment. I have to work in a different room to the log burner, so that's not a solution. I am actually planning my days at the moment so that I work in the mornings and then do any visiting/shopping etc in the afternoon, just so I can get out of the house!!

It's calor gas as we are rural and not on mains ... roll on the spring. Nursing home here I come

kinkyfuckery Tue 20-Jan-15 13:11:44

YANBU, you get heat and your mum gets a visitor! Win-win! Enjoy your visit.

sockmatcher Tue 20-Jan-15 13:15:08

As long as you keep visiting her come the spring yanbu

Goldmandra Tue 20-Jan-15 13:16:23

I'm sure your mum appreciates spending time with you so go for it.

If you need a bit of extra heat when you are home I highly recommend a heated throw. I am home all day in an unheated house most days and my throw does a great job.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: