Talk

Advanced search

to think I am going to hell for this?

(13 Posts)
Bogeyface Sun 18-Jan-15 02:44:27

H just got home from work and we were discussing my fathers birthday present. I have decided to make him a tshirt (I posted about getting one printed on here), and mentioned it to mum. I said I had some tshirt transfer printer sheets but currently out of ink. She said "Oh use our printer!".

I told H what she said and he said "But wont your dad realise?" and I said "not if I do it on Monday, he is having his cataract out that day and wont see anything!" (he is blind in the other eye).

Obviously then I realised what I had said and felt awful.

But...and this is why I am going to hell.....I have been thinking that I could do that, he wouldnt know, he gets a present that I know he will like and everyone is happy! Right?

Or not?

I suspect not!

AlpacaMyBags Sun 18-Jan-15 02:45:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

theRotcod Sun 18-Jan-15 02:48:21

I agree with Alpaca.

Bogeyface Sun 18-Jan-15 02:48:34

You might be right!

So just to be clear, do I use his printer?

Bogeyface Sun 18-Jan-15 02:49:01

It'll be ok wont it?

beautyfades Sun 18-Jan-15 02:50:50

I don't see the problem. Do it.

AlpacaMyBags Sun 18-Jan-15 02:54:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bogeyface Sun 18-Jan-15 03:07:06

If I tell him that I decided to use it on his Op day he will laugh his ass off, so I think I will!

EmDuffers Sun 18-Jan-15 03:58:25

You need to seriously stop overthinking .... and drinking....

Andrewofgg Sun 18-Jan-15 09:49:37

If she was sober she might do better to stop over-thinking and start drinking - in moderation of course . . .

theRotcod Sun 18-Jan-15 11:00:33

I agree with Andrew.

Anniegetyourgun Sun 18-Jan-15 11:15:22

Best keep a spare T-shirt in case the home printer is not up to making a decent job of it, or you wobble part-way through the process, due to being struck by a thunderbolt for your wickedness.

firesidechat Sun 18-Jan-15 12:40:02

You are definitely overthinking. Both of my parents are blind and they wouldn't be sensitive about that sort of comment. Just as well because I have serious foot in mouth syndrome.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: