Talk

Advanced search

Examples of weirdness from inlaws.

(301 Posts)
lovelydoggies Sat 17-Jan-15 23:56:37

Not sure if I'm posting in the right section but I'm talking about weird, unreasonable or plain bonkers behaviour from Mils, Fils, Sils....the lot.
I could write a book about mine, I don't know where to start.
One example comes to mind of Mil....she totally refused to spell any of my children's names right. When I used to tell her all she would say was "does it really matter"shock.....
I mean what do you say to that. confused

GreyjoysAnatomy Sun 18-Jan-15 00:18:36

My mil got the hump with me because the childminder told her I was changing the hours I use her for (she was dropping dd off there that day) and I hadn't told her myself. It doesn't affect her on the slightest, no idea why she was upset. The only reason she found out was because the childminder said to dd "I'll see you on Tuesday" and mil asked her why she wasn't going on the Monday. Apparently it would have been polite to let her know myself hmm confused

SingingSands Sun 18-Jan-15 00:26:19

Why? Do you have a specific problem you want advice on or are you just starting an in-law bashing thread? Which is a bit pointless. And petty.

clam Sun 18-Jan-15 00:30:24

"Does it really matter?"

Yes, mil it does. With a pleasant smile

SmellyFartado Sun 18-Jan-15 00:32:14

Start misspelling and mispronouncing your MIL's name and see if she likes it

lovelydoggies Sun 18-Jan-15 00:32:34

Call it what you like, might be pointless and petty to you, but others don't perhaps take life so serious.

mom2twoteens Sun 18-Jan-15 00:36:34

Singing, sometimes we need to get things off our chest.

I could write a book about my ex-mil as well. Even now 15 years after my divorce from her son she still has little digs to my (teen) children about me. She has really upset my daughter over the years and done herself no favours. No girl likes to hear her mother being bad mouthed.

I can't give examples here as it may id me and my children.

lovelydoggies Sun 18-Jan-15 00:39:56

Another example of her weirdness......someone once knitted a lovely garment for my 2nd dd when she was a baby but she refused to take as she said I didn't need it. The woman who made it told me about a year later. I was so shocked as I would have been so pleased to receive it.

Cocolepew Sun 18-Jan-15 00:41:35

When I was pregnant with DD1 MIL told some people that I had died , but the baby was safe and she was going to live with DH and bring up the baby with him. I was 11 weeks pregnant btw.

lovelydoggies Sun 18-Jan-15 00:41:44

I should have said....she is no longer my Mil.

lovelydoggies Sun 18-Jan-15 00:44:50

She sounds as bad and mad as mine Cocolepew

Staywithme Sun 18-Jan-15 00:46:49

coco That's just fecking creepy. What did you do?

FightOrFlight Sun 18-Jan-15 00:47:15

Cocolepew

WTAF?! shock

I'd have slept with my eyes open after that!

CuttedUpPear Sun 18-Jan-15 00:50:33

Bloody hell Coco who did she say that to? And didn't they rumble her?

AlpacaMyBags Sun 18-Jan-15 00:51:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Deedeecupcake Sun 18-Jan-15 00:53:38

Jesus Coco! That's crazy ��

Newlywed2013 Sun 18-Jan-15 00:57:37

Where do I start....

Marcipex Sun 18-Jan-15 01:02:00

Coco definitely ahead so far...

306235388 Sun 18-Jan-15 01:07:53

Coco shock

My mother in law repeatedly told us how disappointed she was when dh was born because she hadn't wanted a second child and since she 'had' to have one she'd only wanted a girl. hmm

Her first 2 grand kids were boys ( Ds and dn) and she was not happy. When sil was pregnant she bought loads of pink stuff then sold it in a huff when dn was born even though I was, by then, pregnant again. I had a dd. She was not interested. confused

Cocolepew Sun 18-Jan-15 01:08:33

Me and DH were going to the pub, when we walked him a friend of his sister nearly dropped. They had met MIL on the way there and she had told them. She just denied it when he confronted her, but a couple of other people got in touch and said that she had told them.
Theres loads more . My workmates are annoyed that Im NC with her because the stories I told about her used to entertain them. smile

acatcalledjohn Sun 18-Jan-15 01:09:39

Coco, surely she has some sort of mental issue saying something like that (I dunno, Munchhausen syndrome or something?). And even then it's shock

Cocolepew Sun 18-Jan-15 01:11:16

Shes utterly obsessed with DH. I dont know why as he doesn't try to hide his dislike of her. She carries on like they have a great bond and he worships her hmm

Cocolepew Sun 18-Jan-15 01:11:28

Shes utterly obsessed with DH. I dont know why as he doesn't try to hide his dislike of her. She carries on like they have a great bond and he worships her hmm

Cocolepew Sun 18-Jan-15 01:11:47

Cocolepew Sun 18-Jan-15 01:17:52

Sorry for multiple posts, my phone is playing up.
She was eventually comitted to a psychriatic ward for weeks.
I still dont know if she has mental gealth problems or is just an evil, manipulative cow. She has pretended to have MH issues to get DH to go and she her.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: