Advanced search

to wear odd shoes on the school run? *light hearted*

(5 Posts)
Letmeeatcakecakecake Fri 16-Jan-15 14:33:21

Oh dear.

I'm due to leave to pick up DS and a friend of his from school in a bit, my friend is about to pop another little sprog out and I said that her DS could come over to play.

My dad is in the process of building some wardrobes in my bedroom, he's had to go home to deal with something.

I've gone upstairs and noticed that he's blocked the cubored that has all my shoes in... I can open it a bit, but my 6 month pregnant belly is getting in the way and I can only wean out a welly and a trainer.

So, AIBU to think that there is no other solution, other than to wear a welly and a trainer on the school run?

SamiBE Fri 16-Jan-15 14:36:58

Do it, I'm sure no one will notice

RumbelowSale Fri 16-Jan-15 14:56:20

Just do it!

If anyone dare ask(pretty sure they won't) or give you looks which might consider an explanation, you say "it's the only one I could get on"...if you want to do a limpy walk, that's up to you. If you want to be a Brave soldier if anyone persists in asking further, a stoical shake of the head and saying "it's a temporary thing, I'm sure it will be better soon" will get you extra brownie pointsgrin

For DS and friend..more even more extra Brownie points gained by telling them the truth when you're out of earshot of the grown-ups.. - it's your wellie hopping in puddle boot and then, of course, have fun showing them. gringrin

RumbelowSale Fri 16-Jan-15 14:59:08

Ps I'm assuming the the wellie and trainer are for opposite feet?shock

TheWitTank Fri 16-Jan-15 15:02:01

Do it! Claim it's the new thing dahhhling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now