Advanced search

... to feel very sentimentally attached to my mobile?

(15 Posts)
dodi1978 Fri 16-Jan-15 06:09:24

My contrast is up soon and I will get a new mobile... which is good, because my current one's battery is now so bad I have to keep it charging during the day.

But I'm incredibly attached to it! That phone has got pictures from my DS from the last 18 months, I organised my wedding on it (first smart phone I had), it accompanied me through maternity leave (loooong sessions on the sofa with DS snoozing on my shoulder and me reading on the Kindle app) and, most of all, it has the contraction timer from DS birth that I still look at occasionally....

LindyHemming Fri 16-Jan-15 07:01:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DeliciousMonster Fri 16-Jan-15 07:14:52

Can you keep it and get a replacement battery. You don't have to change your mobile phone every time your contract is up.

bigbluestars Fri 16-Jan-15 07:15:30

Each to theit own. Bu then I don't really get phones. Mine cost me £10 PAYG from Tesco.

splodgeses Fri 16-Jan-15 07:16:49

I know what you mean (in the same boat) but we can take our pictures (and pictures of the contraction timings screen) and keep them safe on a sd card or have them made into a beautiful photo book. Then when your new phone comes along, think what times are ahead that it will capture. Good luck smile

Bunbaker Fri 16-Jan-15 07:25:23

No. I don't get emotionally attached to inanimate objects. Download the pictures and save them elsewhere and either get a new battery or a new phone. They are just bits of metal, glass and plastic at the end of the day.

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Fri 16-Jan-15 07:42:54

Have you never backed your phone up.

LadyLuck10 Fri 16-Jan-15 07:44:22

You do know that you can download all that stuff don't you. What if it was stolen?

Squeegle Fri 16-Jan-15 07:56:38

Mrsstevejones Fri 16-Jan-15 08:58:41

I felt the same with mine. I got my new phone and it took me weeks to switch over. I asked hubby back everything up and transfer everything over. I still have ALL my old phones in a box, not that i ever look at them! Silly isnt it?!

Now i love my new phone and it has loads of great memories on it. Back everything up and crack on with your new phone and fill it with loads of lovely memories!

Motherinlawsdung Fri 16-Jan-15 09:41:33

Please can anyone tell me how to download/save lots and lots of texts? I've backed up photos but would love to be able to do the same with texts.

BitOutOfPractice Fri 16-Jan-15 09:42:59

I was just thinking last night that I'd like to charge all my old phones up and look at the messages from way back when

HellKitty Fri 16-Jan-15 10:05:11

DP bought me a spanking new iPhone for Christmas. You have no idea how seriously disappointed I was and put off transferring things from my old iphone5.

I love it now. Hate to admit it.

Download and save everything. Take screenshots of your 'special' app things, print them off and collage them.

Sheitgeist Fri 16-Jan-15 10:07:40

Take out a SIM only deal when your contest expires: I've got one for £7 a month so I can keep my ancient iPhone. No need for a new phone when your current one is fine.
And no, YANBU - I'm find if mine, too!

Sheitgeist Fri 16-Jan-15 10:08:43

Oh, but you'll need a new battery, though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now