Talk

Advanced search

How could my friends sister forget her birthday.

(20 Posts)
PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Thu 15-Jan-15 22:07:37

I will say they are twins ( non identical) born on the same day.

How could she forget her that it's her sister birthday on the same day.

evenherfartsarefragrant1 Thu 15-Jan-15 22:09:03

Sibling rivalry? Egocentric?

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Thu 15-Jan-15 22:10:14

Normally very close.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 15-Jan-15 22:12:13

I'd guess there's something stressful going on for her that has taken her mind off day to day things. If they're ordinarily very close, it wouldn't be deliberate.

WooWooOwl Thu 15-Jan-15 22:14:07

What makes your friend think she forgot, rather than she just didn't bother or chose not to send a card or message?

Theboodythatrocked Thu 15-Jan-15 22:15:13

I forgot my dsis birthday but have had a hell of a year.

Mind you a twin would be hard to forget. Is it your twin op? Maybe she has bigger worries on her mind.

To be honest birthdays are for children arnt they? wink

MagicMojito Thu 15-Jan-15 22:15:39

Did she forget it was her own birthday too?

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Thu 15-Jan-15 22:16:55

No my birthday is in December.

Birthday today and just got off the phone with her.

FightOrFlight Thu 15-Jan-15 22:17:44

It does seem odd, though I did once forgot my Mum's birthday and almost forgot DS2's one year (got it mixed up with DS1).

Forgetting you sister's birthday when it is on the same day trumps both of those though. I'm actually quite impressed that someone is more stupid forgetful than me.

I can only assume that the person in question forgot their own birthday (done that a few times) or has deliberately snubbed her sister.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 15-Jan-15 22:17:58

Yes, had she given her own birthday much thought?

JeanSeberg Thu 15-Jan-15 22:18:53

How do you know she forgot? My twin sons wouldn't dream of sending each other a card!

Suefla62 Thu 15-Jan-15 22:19:02

No as a twin it's easy to forget. Thank God for e-cards smile. One or two years I "forgotten" my sisters birthday. We live thousands of miles apart and my friends and family talk about my birthday and we discuss plans etc. thorn all of a sudden I think "damn it's xxx, birthday" and frantically send an e card.

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Thu 15-Jan-15 22:21:17

She didn't forget her own birthday, perhaps she excited preparing for her own birthday.

Theboodythatrocked Thu 15-Jan-15 22:21:38

Sue that's hilariously dipsy grin

TeaAndALemonTart Thu 15-Jan-15 22:26:40

I'm not at all fussed about birthdays, maybe her sister feels like me?

iwasyoungonce Thu 15-Jan-15 22:27:34

My mum's a twin and often I forget it's also my aunt's birthday until the day before, or someone else mentions it! Not quite the same, but I can understand how it'd happen.

JudgeJudyKicksAss Thu 15-Jan-15 22:34:49

I have a twin brother and I always forget its his birthday even though we keep in touch fairly regularly. I'm so glad I'm not the only twin to forget, I don't feel so guilty now.

kinkyfuckery Thu 15-Jan-15 22:37:33

My mum is a twin and grew used to her brother forgetting her birthday. He'd even show up with / send a card months afterwards!

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Thu 15-Jan-15 22:41:12

It must be a twin thing.

I can imagine planning your own birthday and then forgetting your twin sibling in the process.

TidyDancer Thu 15-Jan-15 22:45:18

I know someone whose DM forgot her 21st birthday, but on balance I think forgetting a twin's birthday is quite a bit worse!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: