Advanced search

To sell my DD on eBay

(82 Posts)
Thebluedog Thu 15-Jan-15 20:00:51

Horrid divorce, finally got the paperwork through today to sign - woo hoo smilesmile

I sign, put in the prepaid envelope and leave on the side. This is quite a moment for me and something that's been way too long coming .

Two hours later i see then envelope, opened on the stairs. DD, 3 years old, has opened, and can't remember where she's put the papers shock

Turned the house upside down.. WTF, I live in a tiny house, where the hell has she put 12 pages of A4 paper - arghhhhhhh!!!

Do they have a parents version of childline!!

Lazymummy2014 Thu 15-Jan-15 20:02:09

Do you have a buy it now or are you just going to let the auction run?!

Rainicorn Thu 15-Jan-15 20:03:04

You can't sell children on Ebay, how ridiculous. Everyone knows Etsy is the place for that.

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 15-Jan-15 20:03:07

Put another envelope down with papers in. Hide and watch.

Thebluedog Thu 15-Jan-15 20:03:08

Open to offers, and sold as seen grin

Aww I'm now almost feeling guilty for this post wink

Sophieelmer Thu 15-Jan-15 20:03:50

I don't think you'd get much for one with a faulty memory like that. You might be able to make a bit back on p&p? but some people don't think that is ethical!

Buttercup27 Thu 15-Jan-15 20:04:07

Deep breath! Try not to panic. (Easier said than done ) has she posted them out the letter box? Last week I found my house keys , car keys and toy cars on the door mat, after my ds posted them out the door.

hiddenhome Thu 15-Jan-15 20:05:08

Has she flushed it down the toilet?

They sometimes stash things in their beds too.

I have two boys, but wouldn't mind a daughter. She has to like Hello Kitty stuff mind you grin

taxi4ballet Thu 15-Jan-15 20:05:10

Does your dd have a toy cooker?

Check in there.

EduCated Thu 15-Jan-15 20:09:41

Out the cat flap/letterbox

Deep breaths!

badRoly Thu 15-Jan-15 20:11:17

Mine always used to stash stuff under the pushchair or through the cat flap...

Good luck smile

CatCushion Thu 15-Jan-15 20:12:52

Yeah, back OUT of the letterbox, or posted behind a radiator. What do you do with post when you open it? Straight in the recycling box? grin

Bettercallsaul1 Thu 15-Jan-15 20:14:22

Do you think your dd is sending you a subliminal message, OP? Has she seen The Parent Trap?

DurhamDurham Thu 15-Jan-15 20:14:24

Have you checked the DVD player,she may have 'helpfully' posted them in the slot?

NeedsAsockamnesty Thu 15-Jan-15 20:14:28

Look everywhere that you normally find the remote control and bank card when she hides those.

And can she fit up chimneys?

editthis Thu 15-Jan-15 20:16:48

Behind the television or anywhere they could be "dropped" (and their descent watched with interest): out of a window?! Behind toy box or under sofa?

See also: "posted". Inside DVD player?

In or down the side of a bed.

Because if they have not been carefully disposed of, they would be scattered somewhere, no?

Under a pet's bed or blanket?! In the tumble dryer.

Please let us know where you find them.

I'm looking for a ring.

DillyDallyDaydreamer Thu 15-Jan-15 20:17:44

Has she 'posted' it through letter box or gulp floor boards ?

londonrach Thu 15-Jan-15 20:19:16

Does your dd respond to bribery. Chocolate buttons for the papers to help mummy. My sister two understands that. Or else agree look in her bed, cooker etc.

SugarMiceInTheRain Thu 15-Jan-15 20:21:52

DS1 used to post our letters back out the letterbox if I didn't get to them fast enough. I remember chasing our mail up the street one windy afternoon, not fun. In her bed? Toybox? The bin?

Gawjushun Thu 15-Jan-15 20:23:28

Will they still be legally binding if she draws pretty crayon scribbles all over them? Feel for you OP. My DS is nearly 3 and recently threw my purse down the back of the sofa when we were running late. Took me all day and several missed appointments to find. Grr!

frankie001 Thu 15-Jan-15 20:25:31

Sell her to one of the parcel delivery companies? They're always losing stuff!

CatCushion Thu 15-Jan-15 20:32:38

Needs 'and can she fit up chimneys?,

Are you thinking of bidding on her? grin

Bluebiscuits Thu 15-Jan-15 20:39:14

Mine like to drop papers/books behind radiators!!

Good luck finding them.

WutheringFrights Thu 15-Jan-15 20:45:21

Does she have any handbags or shopping bags, my DD always has a stash of my belongings in her bags....
'...but they are MY shopping Mummy!'

CornChips Thu 15-Jan-15 20:49:20

Get the papers sent to you again via e-mail/fax/extra quick delivery (whatever is legal).

Take deep breath.

Put dvd on for dd.

Sip a glass of wine or tea.

Start again.

[find papers 15 seconds after replacement set couriered away]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now