Advanced search

to have let DD have the day off school.

(17 Posts)
TaliZorahVasNormandy Thu 15-Jan-15 09:11:10

DD is 7. Atm she has a god awful cough and runny nose. The cough sounds like she has a 40 a day habit and she looks quiet tired with it.

This is her 3rd day off since the start of the school year in September.

Probably a non issue, but I'm riddled with cold aswell and my sinuses hurt.

InSpaceNooneCanHearYouScream Thu 15-Jan-15 09:12:37

Of course let her stay off! She's not well!

Nodney Thu 15-Jan-15 09:14:10

If she's off colour I wouldn't send her. She's only 7. Let her have a day snuggled up and she'll probably be much better tomorrow

Nodney Thu 15-Jan-15 09:14:33

Hope you both get well soon x

MilkThistle187 Thu 15-Jan-15 09:14:58

She should be at home, she's not wel
Enough for school and she'll pass on her germs. You should both be snuggled on the sofa

evenherfartsarefragrant1 Thu 15-Jan-15 09:15:42

As you posted at 9.11 your mind was already made up. I hope she's better soon.

MrsItsNoworNotatAll Thu 15-Jan-15 09:16:00

Aw keep her off.

Hope you both feel better soon x

SanityClause Thu 15-Jan-15 09:19:41

Of course she should stay off school!

Has there been an issue with absence in the past? 3 days doesn't seem excessive, at this stage of he year, if the days off have been due to illness. This is the time of year when illnesses like colds and D&V are more likely, so she may well have no further illnesses this year, once this cold has cleared up.

BitOutOfPractice Thu 15-Jan-15 09:20:46

Yanbu and get well soon

TaliZorahVasNormandy Thu 15-Jan-15 09:23:51

I was wondering if I should've sent her in. Normally a standard cold wouldnt have bothered her but with the cough it's much worse.

Now I need to find the Day nurse.

Angelto5 Thu 15-Jan-15 09:32:44

My dc hardly have days off except when they're really ill. Your dd's cough sounds awful & she is probably best staying at home & trying to catch up on her sleep.

TaliZorahVasNormandy Thu 15-Jan-15 09:39:10

I dont like not sending her without there being a good reason for it. The 2 days she did have off last term, because she had a virus and spent pretty much 2 days asleep and hardly eating.

Last year she had 9 days off school in total, 5 days were for the chicken pox.

Angelto5 Thu 15-Jan-15 09:44:11

Do you think your dd could function properly for a whole day at school if she went?
Is she exhausted from coughing all night?
Hopefully it is just for one day to help her body recover & get some restsmile

ChristmasEva50 Thu 15-Jan-15 09:46:06

Ds3 (8) has had 4 days off this school year and has been sent home twice - śo two hálf days. He has hardly ever been off in previous years. If they're ill then they're ill. It would be no fun for her being in school. We are lucky to be in Scotland so don't get letters home!

TaliZorahVasNormandy Thu 15-Jan-15 09:46:47

I think she'd struggle, because she hacks after every cough, she is coughing quite regularly too.

KirjavaTheCat Thu 15-Jan-15 10:51:13

DS has had so much time off since September, I'm very surprised I haven't been sent a letter. But you can't help when they're ill. I refuse to send him in with a temperature and when he's likely to fall asleep in the corner somewhere - which actually happened when I sent him in looking a bit peaky but cheerful.

If you can, keep her off tomorrow too. Give her a nice long weekend to get over it.

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 15-Jan-15 10:54:45

Definitely keep home.

hope you both feel better soon flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now