Advanced search

Shameless; Wirral, parties, Statham road?

(12 Posts)
shamelesspleaforhelp Thu 15-Jan-15 08:47:00

I have name changed for this as I'm slightly desperate and have no idea.
I lived behind this road a couple of years ago, and there was a house, I think on the corner that always threw parties over the summer. Maybe it's not a regular thing and they just had lots of big birthdays that year but they had the same band playing each time and I used to love opening my windows and listening because they were really really good. I never asked sad and remember always thinking I would love to have them when I get married but had not yet met the right man.
Now I am happily engaged I'm becoming slightly obsessed with hunting down which band it was and hiring them but I have no idea how to find out, I've since moved right across the country.
So I'm putting a plea out to anybody that might live in the area (it's kind of bidston/prenton) that may have been to one of these parties (massive long shot I know) that could maybe do me a huge favour and ask for the details for me please?
It's a mumsnet mystery and I'm so hoping someone will know.
And yes.. grin
I know IABU wink

Londonladybird Thu 15-Jan-15 09:18:23

No idea- but I hope you find them! Good luck and congratulations !

shamelesspleaforhelp Thu 15-Jan-15 15:38:45

God I sound like a bit of a bridezilla. Shameless bump blush

Londonladybird Thu 15-Jan-15 17:21:08

Could you try the mn local site?

TigerTrumpet Thu 15-Jan-15 19:28:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

shamelesspleaforhelp Thu 15-Jan-15 21:09:11

Thanks guys. Where do I find the local site?

Allstoppedup Thu 15-Jan-15 21:12:19

What type of band OP? Could you Google performers/music acts in the area that would come under that genre and see if anything familiar pops up!

ohbollocks2u Thu 15-Jan-15 21:20:46

Go to local talk on main menu , but it's really slow

Post in chat perhaps ???

Anyway a big bump for you and congratulations !

Tobyturtle Thu 15-Jan-15 21:57:50

I was a wedding planner for years (in a popular Chester hotel) and when I got married I had a band called 'harlequin' from Liverpool/Wirral area which were amazing. Due to my job I had seen loads of bands and these were one of the best I had seen, don't know if they're the ones you are looking for (prob not) but I'd definately recommend! Congrats on the wedding!

emsyj Thu 15-Jan-15 22:00:22

If you go on Facebook (if you're on there) and look up a group called 'Wirral in Old Photographs' you might get someone on there who remembers. It's a very active group with lots of older members. You might need to specify the era when this was happening too!

AwfulBeryl Thu 15-Jan-15 22:03:28

Do you remember the address ? Could you have a look on street view to figure it out.
Send them a letter with your details asking them ?

HarrietSchulenberg Thu 15-Jan-15 22:18:17

Do you live close enough to go round and ask them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now