Talk

Advanced search

Large letter cards

(5 Posts)
wanderingcloud Thu 15-Jan-15 08:42:54

We've had a few for birthdays recently (and christmas) where cards have been sent that needed a large letter stamp but only had a regular stamp.

Collecting them always involves a trip to the local delivery office which is a complete faff as they have no parking so you have to pay to park nearby and walk over and then pay the difference in postage + fees.

AIBU to not be at all grateful to the sender? In fact, I'm just totally irritated and would rather just not get a card.

Why can't card companies make all cards regular sized or at least make it incredibly clear to the sender it needs a large letter stamp!?

CheeseAndBeans Thu 15-Jan-15 09:20:52

YANBU! We had several of these at christmas. The cards that Royal Mail put through the door arrived well after new year. Went to collect and paid over 3 quid for 3 cards. All went straight in bin, what am I meant to do with them in jan?!
One of which had no stamp on at all! (not mentioned it to friend- guess it was an oversight, but Grrr!)
All should be same size, or people just need to be educated on how to post a card/letter properly! It's not that hard.

Notso Thu 15-Jan-15 09:36:57

Equally annoying was buying a large letter card, queuing at the post office to send it only to be told it wasn't large letter so just needed a regular stamp.
I think card shops could be a bit more helpful with this, reminding people at the counter.

pineapplecrush Thu 15-Jan-15 09:42:28

YANBU - or those cards which have a decoration (butterfly/Christmas decoration type thing) that sticks out a bit and are too thick and classed as large letters. Was caught out with a card I was posting like that once and am now very careful what I buy, just standard size, nothing protuding. It should be made clear by manufacturer, it's very annoying. I have a cardboard measurer I got from PO now and check just in case.

tiggytape Thu 15-Jan-15 10:15:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: