Talk

Advanced search

in thiking you don't generally tend to have sex with people who have been stalking you?

(240 Posts)
RoyallyFuckedOff Wed 14-Jan-15 20:48:42

And that teenager can't groom and adult? angry

Ihttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-30813335

From the judge Judge Greenberg said she believed the victim was "intelligent and manipulative" and "showed no compunction" about lying when it suited herJudge Greenberg said she believed the victim was "intelligent and manipulative" and "showed no compunction" about lying when it suited her

The charming fellow had sex with a teenager the same week his wife was miscarrying their baby and apparently that was grounds for him being "weak".

AIBU to think he is scum and that the judge is a rape myth peddling idiot who should never be allowed to hold a gavel after insulting a victim?

RoyallyFuckedOff Wed 14-Jan-15 20:50:28

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-30813335

ignore the typos. I'm typing while furious.

SnapeChat Wed 14-Jan-15 20:52:18

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

SoonToBeSix Wed 14-Jan-15 20:52:45

Appalling victim blaming, the judge should be ashamed.

Newyearnewoutlook Wed 14-Jan-15 20:57:19

The victim might have been intelligent and manipulative. She might have had no compunction about lying when it suited her. She may also have had blue hair and seventeen legs. All are completely irrelevant though and the only thing that should have mattered is that she is a child who was abused by an adult in a position of trust and his behaviour should not have been excused in any way.

Weak? Because of his wife having a mc? What complete rubbish. Sounds like a pathetic excuse for what is a horrible crime.

YonicSleighdriver Wed 14-Jan-15 20:58:37

It's not like he didn't know that she was his pupil and what the law was around that, FFS.

Dottydadoo Wed 14-Jan-15 21:00:14

Another one here too who couldn't believe what I was hearing on the radio about it on way home - no counter opinion on the judgement was aired either.

*Judge Greenberg said Kerner was "emotionally fragile" due to complications with his wife's pregnancy.

She added that this did not excuse his behaviour, but said it did help explain why someone with an "exemplary" character would commit such offences*

WTF? his wife has complications with her pregnancy so this explains why he decides it's ok to have sex with a child?

Berts Wed 14-Jan-15 21:03:20

As a spokesperson for one of the child protection charities said on the case: "Children develop crushes. Their insights into consequences are often not as developed as those of adults.”

Um, that's why adults are expected to take charge of the situation and enforce healthy boundaries.

Theboodythatrocked Wed 14-Jan-15 21:04:07

Absolutely disgusting. The dirty bastard had sex with a child! Even worse he was in a position if trust.

It makes you wonder why the idiot judge thinks that's somehow the child's fault? Wonder what he gets up to?

Dottydadoo Wed 14-Jan-15 21:05:50

it was a woman judge theboody

catgirl1976 Wed 14-Jan-15 21:06:44

That is possibly the most disgusting thing I have ever read. That judge should be removed from the judiciary.

Berts Wed 14-Jan-15 21:08:28

Having been on both sides of the coin (I had a 'relationship' with a teacher that began when I was 15; I now teach teenagers and young adults), it's not that hard to maintain a professional distance. Ive had students hit on me or behave inappropriately and you just kindly and firmly make crystal clear what is and isn't appropriate/acceptable. That defuses it quite quickly.

Unless, of course, you are an emotionally immature prick.

OddFodd Wed 14-Jan-15 21:10:05

I honestly thought I must have misheard this on the radio earlier. WTAF?

How does a schoolgirl groom a teacher? Such fucking dangerous shit - children being so tempting that an adult cannot help themselves

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Wed 14-Jan-15 21:11:35

Why didn't he have her removed from his lesson or make any reports to the head teacher.

He could of phone the parent or got pshe teacher to have a word.

SnapeChat Wed 14-Jan-15 21:12:59

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

LaLyra Wed 14-Jan-15 21:13:19

A school vice-principal 'groomed' by a vulnerable teenager in his care...

Absolutely ridiculous. If she was 'stalking' him then wtf was he doing giving her lifts home? Why was he not dealing with a teenage crush like the responsible adult he was supposed to be?

Yet another apologist for the 'poor man couldn't help himself' brigade. I hope the unduly lenient sentence is appealed, that's fucking ridiculous.

WyrdByrd Wed 14-Jan-15 21:13:23

the only thing that should have mattered is that she is a child who was abused by an adult in a position of trust and his behaviour should not have been excused in any way.

This - exactly. I hope there is some kind of route of appeal for this outcome.

Theboodythatrocked Wed 14-Jan-15 21:14:38

Bloody hell dotty just assumed it was a male judge!

Shocking decision.

PhaedraIsMyName Wed 14-Jan-15 21:15:43

children being so tempting that an adult cannot help themselves

Succinctly put. It's a terrible decision and a terrible summing up.

PhaedraIsMyName Wed 14-Jan-15 21:16:44

Bloody hell dotty just assumed it was a male judge!

Oh dear, so did I.

yellowdaisies Wed 14-Jan-15 21:19:57

It seems really insulting to most men to imply that they're so weak willed that the can't say no if a girl is coming on to them confused I'm sure there are plenty of good looking young male teachers who've had girls have crushes on them. They normally manage to say no and deal with it professionally.

And yes it seems to imply that the girl was at fault because she "stalked" the teacherangry

BlueEyedWonder Wed 14-Jan-15 21:20:08

He was the adult. He was in a position of responsibility. Whatever the victim was or was not doing, he is the one in the wrong. End of.

Ceasre Wed 14-Jan-15 21:21:45

Yanbu. This case is a disgrace. There has to be some sort of redress against this brainless incompetent nincompoop of a judge. Scarey stuff tbh.

Theboodythatrocked Wed 14-Jan-15 21:25:37

Agree yellow it's so insulting to men in general and to the thousands of teachers of both sexes who act so professionally.

Anjou Wed 14-Jan-15 21:26:51

The judges comments are absolutely sickening. Who judges the judges in instances like this? I have no idea how the judiciary works. Can the victim - or anyone for that matter - complain to raise an investigation? It's incredible that a judges could apportion blame to a 16 year old pupil who was in a sexual relationship with her teacher for 18 bloody months. The 'emotionally fragile' moment would be laughable if it all weren't so real and awful.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: