Advanced search

To report him

(13 Posts)
Paddleslowly Wed 14-Jan-15 13:51:43

I got into a booked local taxi to take me to a Hospital appointment. The Taxi driver approached a mini roundabout to go right. All of a sudden an oncoming bus nearly met my passenger door! The Taxi driver and I were talking at the time but not a deeply engrossed conversation just general chit chat. Anyway the bus stopped short of hitting my door to which the Taxi driver leaned across me and started having a go at the bus driver telling him he was in the wrong. The bus driver was doing hand movements at him. Then the Taxi driver told him to FuckOff bloody Wanker!!
We then continued on to which the Taxi driver said "I fucking hate them Hindu bus drivers" "They all the same bloody Hindu's get on my nerves". Not that this matters but the taxi driver was of Asian appearance.
I was shocked and told him to calm down and was glad that we had already reached my destination. I did say to him that if he had indicated in the first place then the bus driver wouldn't need to be a crystal ball reader! I'm thinking of reporting him

567 Wed 14-Jan-15 13:54:42

Definitely report him, that's disgusting behaviour from a taxi driver.

Paddleslowly Wed 14-Jan-15 14:58:19

There was no need for him to react that in that way. He was being very rude and a tad aggressive leaning over me like that made me feel uncomfortable

QueenBean Wed 14-Jan-15 14:59:13

Yes, report. Dangerous driving, intimidating behaviour and racism.

Lovely sounding chap.

Paddleslowly Wed 14-Jan-15 15:03:06

I want to report him but because he picked me up from my house he knows where I live

GlitteryLipgloss Wed 14-Jan-15 15:41:09

What would you want the cab company to do?

If you write a letter (anonymous) they would probably more than likely (considering I don't expect them to have an HR department) to throw it in the bin.

Same with your telephone call - probably put the phone down and wouldn't even speak to the driver.

Just order your taxi's from elsewhere.

GlitteryLipgloss Wed 14-Jan-15 15:42:07

Just wanted to add - I don't think YABU. Just don't really see what the cab company would/could do.

Even though it is totally wrong!

Marphe Wed 14-Jan-15 15:49:06

Which driver was in the wrong? Not that it really makes a difference.

I don't really see much point in reporting him to the company, as Glittery says. Police? but that would probably be an over reaction.

Sounds like the bus driver should be reported too TBH. Unprofessional behaviour from both of them

Paddleslowly Wed 14-Jan-15 15:51:32

I should imagine that the cab company speak to him about his behaviour. He is also works for the local council so he will have his licenced badge from them. Maybe I should report it direct to them

GlitteryLipgloss Wed 14-Jan-15 18:59:39

Even though I know he behaved like a complete prized prick - maybe a call to the taxi company to just say to have a word as who knows who he could be picking up next. It looks really bad for business etc etc - would suffice in this instance.

I wouldn't take it further than that. I would chalk it up to experience and hope he was just having a stressful day. If you really feel that it deserves losing his licence and causing hardship on his family then make the call. I personally couldn't go that far.

starburst1979 Wed 14-Jan-15 19:04:38

You can report it to the local authority who issue the private hire license, they migbg revoke his license while they investigate though.

MMcanny Wed 14-Jan-15 19:04:52

If the bus nearly ran into you on the right on a roundabout, the busdriver was in the wrong. Just saying. Doesn't make the racism and swearing OK but he must have got a real fright. Be thankful you weren't hurt or worse.

MMcanny Wed 14-Jan-15 19:08:20

I mean the left obviously - doh! Busdriver wrong tho as taxidriver would be looking for traffic from right and so should the busdriver have been, you were on his right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now