Talk

Advanced search

to let DS sleep?

(9 Posts)
BathshebaDarkstone Wed 14-Jan-15 13:28:00

He's 3, he's just started 2 hours of school a day. When we got home today after school and shopping (I have to stay on school premises in case of toilet accidents), he crashed out in the buggy like he usually does. I just tried to wake him up for lunch, he sleepily said that he doesn't want lunch, he wants to continue sleeping. WIBU to let him and wake him up at teatime? confused

nottheOP Wed 14-Jan-15 13:29:46

As long as he still wants to go to bed at a reasonable hour and wake up for the day at a reasonable hour, let him sleep! Although maybe not til teatime.

BathshebaDarkstone Wed 14-Jan-15 13:44:09

That's what I thought, I just needed a second opinion. Can't ask anyone in RL as my phone's playing silly buggers and all I can do is come on here and go on Facebook. sadIf he wakes up before tea he'll have to make do with a snack as we pick up DD at 3.15. hmm

Goingintohibernation Wed 14-Jan-15 13:57:50

YANBU. It sounds like he needs sleep more than food right now.

CrohnicallyCold Wed 14-Jan-15 14:08:12

I know this isn't what you asked, but why do you have to stay on the premises? Can't the staff deal with it if he has an accident?

BathshebaDarkstone Wed 14-Jan-15 19:59:48

Apparently not. He's not remotely potty trained and they are only 3 staff at a time with about 10 kids.

Anyway, I let him sleep, he woke up as we were leaving to pick DD up. I'd just got his sleeping pattern sorted out, then he started school. sad

CrohnicallyCold Wed 14-Jan-15 21:50:26

Are you in the UK? If so, I'm pretty sure they can't do that. I work in a school, and we have never asked parents to come in and sort out toilet accidents, except in a couple of cases of suddenly ill children (tmi but not just a wipe job, these children needed full showers!)

Babiecakes11 Thu 15-Jan-15 06:32:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Newstartnewyear Thu 15-Jan-15 06:43:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: