Advanced search

To find his looking at other woman upsetting?

(24 Posts)
Angel1983 Wed 14-Jan-15 07:11:44

I have been dating a new guy for a couple of months and we sometimes go out with his friend and his DP.

Now, the thing that bothers me is that he is constantly staring at this other woman. For example, if she walks off he will stare at her ass and the other day he actually broke off his conversation mid-sentence with me to ogle her.

He also flirts with her and giggles like a schoolboy with her in front of me.

When I raised this with him yesterday he told me all men do this and the day he stops will be the day i need to check his pulse.

AIBU to find this disrespectful or am I overreacting like he says (he said I was acting like a 'phsyco' (sp?).

TurnOverTheTv Wed 14-Jan-15 07:13:42

So rude and disrespectful. What does the woman's partner do when he makes it so obvious?

Angel1983 Wed 14-Jan-15 07:16:33

I really do seem to be able to pick the good ones. After last night I won't be seeing him again but I just wanted to get some third party perspectives.

LineRunner Wed 14-Jan-15 07:17:20

He called you a psycho? Nice.

He sounds pathetic tbh. I wouldn't have the patience.

Notagainmun Wed 14-Jan-15 07:17:27

It is still early in the relationship so he really should only have eyes for you. He will probably only get worse after the honeymoon period ends. I wouldn't give any more of my time to him and get out of the relationship.

Angel1983 Wed 14-Jan-15 07:17:47

His friend is a very quiet person and doesn't say anything to him!

LineRunner Wed 14-Jan-15 07:18:06

Ah, you've dumped him? Good work.

Humansatnav Wed 14-Jan-15 07:20:48

You've solved the problem. He sounds like a dickhead.

yellowdinosauragain Wed 14-Jan-15 07:25:27

All men most definitely don't do this. What a cock

BlackBettyBamALam Wed 14-Jan-15 07:27:34

He sounds about 12. Well done for getting rid.

ScotsWhaHae Wed 14-Jan-15 07:32:48

My bil turns into a giddy teen in front of attractive women. It was so really cringey watching him fawn over his friends girlfriend whilst his looked on. It's not something I would tolerate..

BathtimeFunkster Wed 14-Jan-15 07:37:34

Well done for dumping this twat.

You'd have to check his pulse if he stopped behaving like an embarrassing lech?

grin hmm

What a nobber.

Shakirasma Wed 14-Jan-15 07:41:09

What a letcherous prick. Not all men do it at all, just the ones who end up lonely, dirty old men.

Well done for dumping him!

JapaneseMargaret Wed 14-Jan-15 07:47:57

Sooo many red flags in relation to this one, not least the fact that a man who behaves like a rutting Jack Russell, furiously dry humping anything in its proximity is the ultimate turn-off in a man.

Very well done for dumping his pathetic arse.

Ohfourfoxache Wed 14-Jan-15 08:12:09

Urgh, he sounds pretty vile <boak>

Well done for dumping this twatbadger - disrespectful is an understatement.

richthegreatcornholio Wed 14-Jan-15 08:38:51

I think all men look at people they find attractive. The key is discretion!

Hatespiders Wed 14-Jan-15 08:40:07

YANBU and well done for dumping 'it'. This behaviour is insulting and pathetic.

'All men do this' indeed! They most certainly do not. Only wankers and immature tosspots do it.

MrsWolowitz Wed 14-Jan-15 08:43:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Madamecastafiore Wed 14-Jan-15 08:48:02

Respect is what is most important in a relationship and this guy obviously has feck all so I'd bin him ASAP.

viruswithhold Wed 14-Jan-15 08:49:52

Glad u dumped him it wont get any better, I know from experience sadly, if he disrespectful looking at other woman, there will be a heap of other stuff where he will disrespect u too.

Only1scoop Wed 14-Jan-15 08:55:52

Good for you Op.

I once went on a date with a guy like this. He kept turning ....looking ....watching every single woman in the room.

I decided to mirror him and started doing the same....looking over his shoulder when he was talking....turning my head when men walked past....

He hated it grin

MrsItsNoworNotatAll Wed 14-Jan-15 09:09:42

Good on you for dumping him. What an idiot.

Theboodythatrocked Wed 14-Jan-15 10:52:59

Ew how disrespectful of him.

Red flag. Well done for dumping him.

NoImSpartacus Wed 14-Jan-15 11:03:23

Yuk, he sounds awful. And calling you a psycho, eugh, disrespectful to the max. So glad you've dumped him, well done.

Any man who uses words like 'psycho', or tells you you are mad, or paranoid, or mental or unhinged, should be dumped immediately, with no second chances. Men who use such terminology are misogynists through and through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now