Talk

Advanced search

To send separate flowers

(9 Posts)
Chippychop Tue 13-Jan-15 18:05:42

What's the right thing to do? My ds and Db all seperately a

Chippychop Tue 13-Jan-15 18:11:23

Oops! Sorry
My brother sister and I are all married or with a partner. And have dc. When our DM was alive ( she died in oct) we'd send 1 set of funeral flowers from all of us.- mainly so mum didn't have to send them from just herself Now our uncle (DM' s sisters husband) had recently passed away I feel we should all send separately. Mainly because we live our lives so separately otherwise and only share the cost of funeral flowers! Plus I'm not sure how many flowers there will be so want to make it look more if only for my cousins sake.

Nanny0gg Tue 13-Jan-15 18:14:25

I would do individual. But that's the way my family works anyway.

BoredChurch Tue 13-Jan-15 18:17:34

I really think either is ok. Perhaps you could send joint flowers and seperate cards.

WooWooOwl Tue 13-Jan-15 18:17:41

You're right, send separate flowers. Separate flowers means separate cards, your aunt will probably appreciate that.

GrannyGoggles Tue 13-Jan-15 18:18:21

We'd do joint, as that's how we work. Maybe the main thing is that flowers are sent, your uncle's passing is honoured.

simbacatlivesgain Tue 13-Jan-15 18:34:01

Flower are for the living- not the dead. Does your aunt value flowers?

Chippychop Tue 13-Jan-15 19:15:08

Not my aunt probably she has mid stage dementia. Thinking of my cousins really...

PicaK Tue 13-Jan-15 19:26:06

If you can trust the other 2 to organise flowers then do it individually (if your cousins want flowers).
Thinking of your cousins, if you suspect your siblings might be a bit crap at this kind of thing then you do it. (I know that's not fair but that's not the point.)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: