Talk

Advanced search

To want a refund

(9 Posts)
Chippychop Tue 13-Jan-15 17:26:41

I bought a bookshelf off a local website got it home and it's not level (I've had the spirit level out) plus it's got holes all down the sides where presumably it's meant to join another bit- the seller never described this is the ad. And now it's hard to find a home for it as it obviously needs to go against a side wall - shame as it's a nice size and colour

CrohnicallyCold Tue 13-Jan-15 17:40:28

How do you know it's the shelf that's not level, and not your floor? I've recently moved, and shelves that were absolutely fine in the old house aren't level in the new one, so I'm assuming it's the floor that's at fault!

Chippychop Tue 13-Jan-15 18:03:08

My floors are level as we built it ourselves and to be sure I had the spirit level on them too

TedAndLola Tue 13-Jan-15 18:08:45

No, not unreasonable if that wasn't described in the ad. But your chances of getting a refund probably depend on what website is was.. more difficult from somewhere like Gumtree.

pictish Tue 13-Jan-15 18:10:27

That's the risk you take when you buy stuff off the second hand pages.
How much did you pay for it?

londonrach Tue 13-Jan-15 18:11:58

Didnt you look around the bookcase when you picked it up. If its a fb selling site its buyer beware. Up to you as the buyer to check.

Chippychop Tue 13-Jan-15 18:12:13

£50 from a "things for sale in x town" Fb page

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Tue 13-Jan-15 18:12:42

If you collected the item in person from a private sale you have no comeback I'm afraid because you are expected to inspect the item before buying it.

Chippychop Tue 13-Jan-15 18:13:51

Tbh i saw the holes and was a bit nervous about saying anything (I know!!!!) but the level I couldn't check as the chap loaded straight into my car

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: