Talk

Advanced search

To fuck today off and go back to bed?

(18 Posts)
LennyCrabsticks Mon 12-Jan-15 07:50:30

Ds2 (3) had a four hour nap yesterday afternoon. So he was charging about like a mad thing until 1am. I gave up in the end and took him up to bed with me, DH threw a strop because ds2 still had nursery rhymes on the Kindle (I know this is shit parenting but I was pretty desperate by this point) and started huffing about, he ended up sleeping on the sofa.

So this morning ds2 is completely unrouseable. Dd is ten and has just screamed and shouted at me because she can't find the skirt she wants to wear. Ds1 is 12 and won't budge.

We need to leave the house at 8am. My hair is still wet and I haven't even had my second coffee.

I can't do this. I just can't. I've asked to go part time at work but they haven't responded yet. I am on two different ADs after feeling suicidal over Christmas, but tbh I think I'm just so tired that the thought of drifting off with pills was so attractive. Dh is amazing but we are grumpy with each other because we are both exhausted.

I just want to fuck it all off and go back to bed. Shall I?

LennyCrabsticks Mon 12-Jan-15 08:03:20

It's now 8.02, the 3yo is still conked out and won't wake up. Dd is dressed but that's it. Ds1 is dressed and grunting at me. We should have left the house 2 minutes ago.

I am standing in the bathroom shaking. I don't know what to do.

Hurr1cane Mon 12-Jan-15 08:05:25

It ok. Pick up the littlest one, put him in the car, drive the others to school, come home and call a doctor

Mammanat222 Mon 12-Jan-15 08:05:55

Start again tomorrow.

Badger work for an answer on the pt issue and see your GP again

x

CleanLinesSharpEdges Mon 12-Jan-15 08:10:16

Wrap the 3 y/o up and get him in the car/pram and set off.

Call the GP for an appointment as soon as you get home.

LovelyMarchHare Mon 12-Jan-15 08:10:17

Do you know any other parents who could take the older children to school? Or, depending on their maturity & where you live, could they get a taxi, just this once? Can you get your husband back from work? I think you should make an emergency appointment with your GP. Good luck OP.

Pensionerpeep Mon 12-Jan-15 08:10:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Alfiedoggy Mon 12-Jan-15 08:14:22

I would call in sick to work today , take some time to rest. You sound absolutely exhausted. Be kind to yourself. Xxxxxbrewcake

TheReluctantCountess Mon 12-Jan-15 08:16:17

Take a break. Sometimes you need to put you, and your mental health, first.

TendonQueen Mon 12-Jan-15 08:19:08

Is there a neighbour who could come and sit in the house with a brew while you take the others to school?

notagainffffffffs Mon 12-Jan-15 08:19:15

Well if the only 2 are late thats their own silly fault so dont worry about that.
Get little one to child minder or wherever and call in sick and get yourself back to bed.
Maybe your dh needs to chat to the older two about being responsible for themselves. They need to understand that you are a human being too

MrsItsNoworNotatAll Mon 12-Jan-15 08:19:39

Sack today off and rest. Sounds like you need too xxx

NorwaySpruce Mon 12-Jan-15 08:20:01

Are you going to drive?

If so, send the older two out to wait in the car, grab the younger one and a banana or something and plonk them in the car seat half asleep.

The good thing about cars is you can even go out in pyjamas!

I'd call in sick to work, unless you think you'll feel better once you get there (in which case it doesn't really matter if you are all 30 minutes late while you get nursery stuff ready and get dressed).

Cheekybiscuit Mon 12-Jan-15 08:20:30

You poor thing! Definitely phone in sick, head up to bed and after some sleep, things will hopefully seem brighter. Take care of yourself.

Royalsighness Mon 12-Jan-15 08:24:47

Lenny I second calling in sick, you need the rest! You sound exhausted!

ChristmasEva50 Mon 12-Jan-15 08:25:55

Tell yourself you won't be working this week then get the children to school and the little one whereever he is going. Don't worry about getting there late. Phone work and tell them you won't be in this week. Phone your GP even for a phone appointment, get a sick line and some advice. Go to bed and sleep, read, Mumsnet whatever you feel like all day.

The older two are old enough to have a discussion about how you feel and how they can help and your DH needs to be aware too.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thumbwitch Mon 12-Jan-15 08:29:57

Definitely phone in sick! If you haven't already.
Can you not arrange some other way of getting the older 2 to school?

LennyCrabsticks Mon 12-Jan-15 10:54:07

I'm at work I came in late after stopping at my parents for a coffee and chat with DS2, before taking him to preschool.

I left him absolutely distraught, which was awful.

I am so tired I feel sick but I'm swimming through the day. I'm supposed to be going to a team meeting this evening for my second job but I;m definitely sacking that off. I'm going to bed when I get in and DH can have a turn with DS2 if he's up again tonight. I let him off last night because he leaves for work really early but I need to catch up on some sleep.

I didn't take my sleeping tablet/ad last night because I was with DS, so I'll take one when I get in and sleeeeeeeeep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now