Talk

Advanced search

To have warmed to Katie Hopkins?

(20 Posts)
crumblebumblebee Sun 11-Jan-15 22:13:23

I will shamelessly admit that I like trashy TV and celeb big brother is my current time wasting activity.

She's just coming across as more human than I imagine her. She is certainly not the most odious member of the house.

Maybe that second glass of wine combined with codeine was a bad idea?! wink

ilovesooty Sun 11-Jan-15 22:15:27

I think it probably was.

6031769 Sun 11-Jan-15 22:21:50

i thought the same, particularly tonight

RandomNPC Sun 11-Jan-15 22:24:20

I've not seen it, but she'd have to go far to be as odious as Ken Morley.

OstentatiousBreastfeeder Sun 11-Jan-15 22:25:53

I haven't seen it, but anyone who thinks she's a dick 100% of the time are gullible as shit. Being a dick is her career, it's all fake.

RiojaHaze Sun 11-Jan-15 22:26:20

YANBU, she's not at all as horrible as she comes across normally.

They were talking about her on CBBBOTS the other night and saying if it's all an act, she won't be able to keep it up all of the time so in the house especially being watched 24/7 is when her true colours will show.

PiperIsTerrysChoclateOrange Sun 11-Jan-15 22:26:36

I think being on camera 24/7 people's true colours come to light.

RiojaHaze Sun 11-Jan-15 22:27:22

She's also getting paid a reported £400k for going in to CBB so she might act like a dick but she's a rich one!

StrumpersPlunkett Sun 11-Jan-15 22:27:24

could I equate it to the way I get the children to eat veggies they hate.
Have a sprout directly before cucumber and all of a sudden cucumber is ok.
BB does seem to find the most awful people in the celebrity world.

EachandEveryone Sun 11-Jan-15 22:28:02

Isn't she just playing a character though?

GokTwo Sun 11-Jan-15 22:29:56

I absolutely loathed her. Then I watched her "Fat Story" and saw some redeeming features, even some warmth and empathy. However, the very next day I read her vile tweet about the Scottish Ebola victim and then realised she is still insulting fat people via Twitter in spite of her experiences. I think she is aware that she plays the part of the pantomime villain as it were and that is her USP and so how she makes her money. It's strange and unpleasant.

ZingTheGreat Sun 11-Jan-15 22:38:55

grin @ more human

so do vampires!

I feel for you crumble, tomorrow you'll wake up with a hangover and realise you have cheated on MN with KH

<passes sick bucket>

I hope you will be remorseful and crawl back to grovel

mymatemax Sun 11-Jan-15 22:41:20

She's just the least mad of all the nutters in there.
I don't like her any more but a few of them are off their rockers & are making her seem relatively normal.
Give her time, she'll show her true, vile, opinionated (but clever & rich) colours

Millli Sun 11-Jan-15 22:44:15

I'm also liking her. Looked on Twitter and lots of people have reported that their feelings toward her have changed.

BallsforEarrings Sun 11-Jan-15 22:52:04

It's as already pointed out, she's a professional troll, professionals being the operative word, she can't keep it up in there and is morphing into her normal self!

At the same time Perez Hilton is proving himself to be a troll most of the time not just professionally!

fluffling Sun 11-Jan-15 22:55:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Reddottys12 Sun 11-Jan-15 23:01:09

I agree! Can't believe I'm actually quite liking her!

MaMaMarmoset Sun 11-Jan-15 23:04:43

She is a professional troll. but even if the things she says are just to wind people up and not because she's especially worried about these things... She is still happy to say them for a bi of cash. SO she is a dick.

You couldn't pay me to be racist or to make fun of children because I'm not actually an asshole.

FluffyMcnuffy Sun 11-Jan-15 23:30:06

I've started to quite like her blush.

Ladybirdbookworm Mon 12-Jan-15 00:18:58

YANBU - I'm mortified to admit that I am warming to her - both myself and my sister said today that she seems 'normal' but we both agreed with what Nadia said - really she's become a parody of herself .
< I'm cringing that I have just said the word normal - who am I ??>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now