Talk

Advanced search

chain type letters/posts fb

(25 Posts)
ghostspirit Sun 11-Jan-15 20:26:36

aibu to hate the type of post that start with if your my friend type just one word nothing else just one word. i understand if you dont i know who my true friends are...

or the illness/abuse/suffering type ones... only 2% of people will share this post will it be you.

if you care you will post type of things....

does it piss anyone else of?

GoofyIsACow Sun 11-Jan-15 20:27:47

They don't piss me off... But only because i block any of the complete fecking eejits people who post them

SaucyMare Sun 11-Jan-15 20:34:01

Have you heard of like farming? That is what these posts are.
And yes the piss me right off, how stupid my family are.

Inkanta Sun 11-Jan-15 20:35:26

Yeah!!

I'm always itching to say that those posts piss me off I but stop myself.

ghostspirit Sun 11-Jan-15 20:36:26

no not heard of like farming... i guess its to get as many likes as they can... dont get the point of that. whats it matter lol.

MorelliOrRanger Sun 11-Jan-15 20:37:03

Yes, it pisses me off and I never repost. I'm so evil.

Inkanta Sun 11-Jan-15 20:37:48

I don't get the point either. What are they after?

ghostspirit Sun 11-Jan-15 20:50:16

maybe a slap ?

GazpachoSoup Sun 11-Jan-15 20:55:28

Yep. Like farming. I've heard of that and those chain type statuses annoy me too so I don't repost them!
Basically an old fashioned chain letter in social media, virtual form.
Like farming - is basically collecting loads of likes on a photo and then cleansing the original picture of its beginnings... so when a company sets up its business it already has thousands of likes on pictures bought already from stuff like this that have been 'cleaned.'
Hope I've explained that OK lol

ColdAsIceCubes Sun 11-Jan-15 20:58:35

Ignore!!! Monitoring my son's use of Fb has shown me the extremes of like farming!!!

TheFirstOfHerName Sun 11-Jan-15 21:00:06

This is what the unfollow button is for.

ghostspirit Sun 11-Jan-15 21:06:29

thefirst with the unfollow button would that not mean you end up unfollowing your friend. i like to follow my friends. but just dont want to read that crap like farming stuff

TheBatteriesHaveRunOut Sun 11-Jan-15 21:08:13

is 'stopsendingmethisshit' one word?

Could you make a list of all the people who circulate this drivel and just send it all back to them, endlessly?

TheFirstOfHerName Sun 11-Jan-15 21:08:22

Yes, it is a bit like hitting a nail with a sledgehammer. Depends how much the chain posts annoy you.

Vinomcstephens Sun 11-Jan-15 21:08:53

Completely agree. They're pointless, and ridiculous and I'm afraid I do quietly judge whichever of my usually sane friends had listed such shite.

ghostspirit Sun 11-Jan-15 21:10:21

yeah i guess so... its them illness/abuse ones that through me a bit. i want to tell the person that shared it with me to f off but i dont want to upset them :/

gamerchick Sun 11-Jan-15 21:10:54

This is a money tree.. If you read this you'll get good luck if you don't share your worst year starts tonight.

Those ones give me the fucking rage and they really shouldn't!

ghostspirit Sun 11-Jan-15 21:12:38

i get upset when it says share this post with 20 female friends. i dont have 20 friends sad

gamerchick Sun 11-Jan-15 21:16:07

You mean you don't add all and sundry to your Facebook like some people OP? That's not a bad thing flowers

SaucyMare Sun 11-Jan-15 21:17:01

My sister sent me one of the sharing ones, because it was lovley and really fitted us. As i refuse to be like farmed i send a pm back saying in my own words what i feel.
This was one response start: as you know i am a grumpy cow, who doesnt like 5 let alone 20 people....

Inkanta Sun 11-Jan-15 21:18:22

It's the 'choose one word if you are my friend - I know who will and who won't' - that particularly bugs me. I want to get get lost - and grow up!

Floundering Sun 11-Jan-15 21:24:35

God yes quite agree OP

I also hate the secret messages saying post some silly shit on your wall that will help raise awareness of breast cancer/ aids / child abuse.

Does it feck raise awareness, load of drivel. I take a perverse pleasure in breaking chains, especially the ones that say, please don't break this it's 635 days old & we'll get little johnny his life saving op if you share it.

<insert grumpy old woman emoticon here>

Occasionally I'll pinch the picture or silly cartoon if it makes me laugh or makes me think but not the waffle that comes with it.

Unsurprisingly, I haven't had a thunderbolt strike me down (yet) and I still have the same friends I had before, you know REAL ones that I actually spend time with! grin

SaucyMare Sun 11-Jan-15 21:31:03

Is there a grumpy old woman emote? Can we campaign for one?

Floundering Sun 11-Jan-15 23:30:56

[Grin] I feel we should Saucy

Floundering Sun 11-Jan-15 23:32:29

gah bloody autocorrect. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now