Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to want to throw the play station away

(12 Posts)
DaddyDavid Sun 11-Jan-15 18:23:28

It causes so many rows in are house. My 3 teens can't seem to play it without tantrums or shouting. They can't agree a game to play an account to use!

DaddyDavid Sun 11-Jan-15 18:24:14

Our not are

awfulomission Sun 11-Jan-15 18:26:11

My two DC are younger than yours but suffice to say our game console mysteriously had a 'broken wire' for the last week of the Xmas holiday. The 'replacement' arrived in the post a few days into the start of term last week. Not something you can get away with with yours, obv, but just to sympathise... .

Clobbered Sun 11-Jan-15 18:27:07

YABU to give the damn thing houseroom.

Methe Sun 11-Jan-15 18:27:41

Mine are younger than yours too but we time their goes with a an egg timer which works really well as there's no tying to blag longer goes!

DaddyDavid Sun 11-Jan-15 18:29:37

Awfulo submission that's funny. Doubt it would work with mine.

It's a lot worse when friends are on because, say for example one plays with their friends the other sibling also has to play with their friends. So if their friends are not close to the other siblings its difficult.

LongDistanceLove Sun 11-Jan-15 18:35:07

Maybe divvy up time on the machine so they get equal time on it to play with friends or solo?

maninawomansworld Sun 11-Jan-15 18:41:05

Give them a simple choice:

Tell them to sit down in a mature fashion and find a way to play together without arguments and raised voices or loose the console for a week.

Then do what you say - if it continues to cause trouble, remove it for 7 days and not a moment less. They will find a way to play in harmony pretty quickly!

DaddyDavid Sun 11-Jan-15 18:44:08

Thanks I think they can all have their own slot.

VodkaJelly Sun 11-Jan-15 18:45:47

Feel your pain OP, the worst thing I ever bought was an X Box. Mine are teens and they still fight and argue, we have daily battles over it. And the telling of tales, wanting me to agree to who has been on it longer, why it is their go, its not fair.

I hate the bloody thing

IHeartChristmasMoomies Sun 11-Jan-15 18:51:51

Well, to be fair, if they had one each they wouldn't fight would they?!

Not that I'm advocating buying them one each, but IME all siblings will fight over the one toy they have they all want!

YANBU for it to be annoying. I use the timer on my phone for ours.

TaliZorahVasNormandy Sun 11-Jan-15 19:00:10

Give them one allocated day a week until they can prove they can use it without causing arguments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now