Talk

Advanced search

To be a bit disturbed by hearing DSL talk of "golden showers" while gaming?

(5 Posts)
GratefulHead Sun 11-Jan-15 16:57:11

Are the developers taking the piss (quite literally)?grin

DSL is having some downtime and using his XBox. He is online playing a game called "Terreria" with kids all over the world. Lots of laughing and fun going on but a gaming technique within the game called a "golden shower "!

DS is talking and laughing about "golden showers" and so are all his online friends, it means a shower of gold coins within the game. Game is very child/preteen friendly.

Perhaps I am out of touch though and all this retro gaming is fair game for developers to get in silly expressions and terms,

DS is autistic and LOVES gaming, he talks about it for a pastime. Must have a gentle word about NOT using the "golden showers" teen out in public,
Now then....how to explain why he shouldn't do so...hmmm!

GratefulHead Sun 11-Jan-15 16:57:59

DSL? bloody autocorrect...I meant DS of course.

pinkyredrose Sun 11-Jan-15 17:01:28

Omg that is fucking hilarious! Love it grin

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Sun 11-Jan-15 17:09:09

Oh dear. DNeff plays this; I must be on my guard not to laugh. Mind you it also contains Eaters of Souls which he kills with a triumphant cry of "squid and chips!".

Yarp Sun 11-Jan-15 17:12:34

In my younger days I inadvertently ordered a pint of Golden Shower in the pub (the ale was actually called Golden Summer). Much chortling from the crowded bar

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now