Talk

Advanced search

Celeb Big Brother controversy

(51 Posts)
YesPleaseThankYou Sun 11-Jan-15 14:46:42

AIBU to think that the girl Chloe that was indecently harassed by Jeremy will have trouble being hired by magazines etc now.

Of course I know that it was correct to kick Jeremy out and what he did was wrong and no excuse for it.

But from a PR point of view, do you think the mens mags and the sun (page 3) would be advised against hiring her to avoid being tactless and distasteful in light of her being harassed in the house.
Basically do you think after being harassed on national TV, it will then be wrong for the men's mags etc to approach her and ask her to take her clothes off and take pictures.

I know one is a job and one is personal issue but looking at it from a PR point of view.

MuttonCadet Sun 11-Jan-15 14:47:30

YABU to assume one has anything at all to do with the other.

brererabbit Sun 11-Jan-15 14:48:14

Yabu for watching big brother grin

MuttonCadet Sun 11-Jan-15 14:48:37

Oh, and "the girl", nice turn of phrase.......

OhShittingHenry Sun 11-Jan-15 14:50:24

What on earth is going through what passes for your mind OP?

YesPleaseThankYou Sun 11-Jan-15 14:51:54

I know the 2 are not related but I was thinking from the magazines point of view

JohnFarleysRuskin Sun 11-Jan-15 14:52:01

Eh?

Koalafications Sun 11-Jan-15 14:52:30

YABU. I can't fathom your logic.

ghostyslovesheep Sun 11-Jan-15 14:53:08

YABU and I don't agree at all

one is not related to the other

hashtagwhatever Sun 11-Jan-15 14:53:14

Aye?. Because she didn't want to be touched up by a guy she barely knows she cannot be approached for future work?.

JohnFarleysRuskin Sun 11-Jan-15 14:53:40

You think magazine editors will think, 'oh this one isn't keen on being harassed, we'd better find someone who does'?

IamTitanium Sun 11-Jan-15 14:54:11

No 2 different things.

Touching someone with out consent.
Against
Employer asks person to do work, person agrees (or not), pictures taken with consent

confused

Camolips Sun 11-Jan-15 14:55:27

shock

EdithWeston Sun 11-Jan-15 14:55:32

Chloe is a grown woman, not a girl. And it is not she who has the PR problem.

And there is no PR problem: anyone who harassed or touched models on a shoot for a magazine or newspaper would be out. You seem curiously ill-informed about professional standards in nude modelling for the large/well-known outlets.

And the best PR for any agency is to dissociate themselves completely from sleaze.

GoringBit Sun 11-Jan-15 14:55:50

Her clothing was grabbed and pulled open by a drunk actor. This is unlikely to happen on a professional photo shoot.

HTH.

GoringBit Sun 11-Jan-15 14:56:28

And as its teatime, have a biscuit.

GoringBit Sun 11-Jan-15 14:56:53

it's angry

ineedtogetthisout Sun 11-Jan-15 15:02:04

They would be best advised to avoid hiring/interviewing him in light of what he did. Sadly I think the press will be scrambling for the 'exclusive story' about his illegal actions.

The victim blaming that's going on regarding this assault is disgusting.

YesPleaseThankYou Sun 11-Jan-15 15:02:24

I'm not linking the 2 and I'm not saying she will get harrassed in a photo shoot. What I am saying is do you think it will be distasteful and inappropriate for a magazine to approach her and ask her to take her clothes after she has been harrassed on national TV.

FightOrFlight Sun 11-Jan-15 15:04:25

I've had to go and read up on this to know what it's all about.

Touching a woman without consent and taking her picture with consent are two different things.

OP are you Ken Morley?

I understand he told Chloe something along the lines of 'don't cause a fuss, he's a big movie producer'

IamTitanium Sun 11-Jan-15 15:04:43

do you think it will be distasteful and inappropriate for a magazine to approach her and ask her to take her clothes after she has been harrassed on national TV

Nope, not at all. I don't really understand why you do.

ghostyslovesheep Sun 11-Jan-15 15:05:41

surely it's HER choice - if she takes her top off or not for a magazine

it wasn't her choice for some drunk arse to expose her breast on TV

the 2 things are completely different

iamlionesshearmeroar Sun 11-Jan-15 15:09:22

But you clearly ARE aligning the two - have you read your own OP?

YABU and completely nonsensical - a woman being assaulted has nothing to do with her line of work our her future within that line of work.

iamlionesshearmeroar Sun 11-Jan-15 15:09:36

or not our

Camolips Sun 11-Jan-15 15:09:54

It's frightening to think that there are people that can't tell the difference between sexual harassment and a paying job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now