Talk

Advanced search

To think "put some fucking clothes on!"

(446 Posts)
PutSomeFuckingClothesOn Sat 10-Jan-15 21:08:57

or at least wrap a towel round yourself FFS.

I go to the gym five days a week, usually in the morning. Every single day without fail there will be people having a shower after their workout. I don't have a problem with this as the showers are in cubicles rather than out in the open.

My problem is is that after they've finished showering you can be sure they will then strut naked out of the shower over to the lockers without bothering to wrap a towel around themselves. They will then stand naked for a bit sorting their clothes and shit out before getting dressed. It's always the same people too.

AIBU to think they should at least wrap a towel round themselves? And get dressed as quickly as possible?

Nobody wants to see them naked!

I did mention it to reception but they just gave me a look like this hmm.

GertyD Sat 10-Jan-15 21:12:24

I don't think yabu, but others might. Nothing worse than squeezing past some strangers bare arse, to get to your locker, no matter how pert and worked out it is, and no matter how much they want to show it off hmm

OttiliaVonBCup Sat 10-Jan-15 21:12:51

Maybe they can't afford a towel/have sensitive skin/forgot to take a towel and have to air dry?

HermioneGrangerHair Sat 10-Jan-15 21:13:22

YABU. It's a changing room, FGS. If they also walk home naked, you might have a point.

WestEast Sat 10-Jan-15 21:13:50

It's just a bit of nakedness.

NoTedInTheBed Sat 10-Jan-15 21:13:54

Calm down, it's just a body. I presume you have one, too? Get over it. Not surprised the receptionist was puzzled.

MrsTerryPratchett Sat 10-Jan-15 21:15:17

Some people like to air dry. I loathe and detest this and the woman who vigorously scrubs her whole body with lifted legs and all the trimmings in my gym but it is my problem. I can, and do, look away.

summersoft Sat 10-Jan-15 21:15:17

GertyD at least it should be a clean arse.

scarletforya Sat 10-Jan-15 21:15:42

I did mention it to reception but they just gave me a look like this

Don't believe you.

squoosh Sat 10-Jan-15 21:16:14

You are a massive prude.

I can't believe you suggested to the reception desk that there were <whispers> too many naked people in the changing rooms! grin

Try it yourself, liberate yourself. Give your white bits and your hangups a good airing.

UptheChimney Sat 10-Jan-15 21:17:50

YABU. They are far from "strutting" just trying to get clean, dry & dressed. You're the prude.

holeinmyheart Sat 10-Jan-15 21:17:55

I haven't the confidence to strut about naked myself but I have no problem with other people being naked at the Spa.
In fact I enjoy looking at them, ( I am not a Lesbian) so I think YABU.
No one thrusts their bits into my face and they all nice and clean.

I just wish I had the confidence to do it instead of wrestling with my towel in a contorted way, so that no one gets a peek of my bits.

formerbabe Sat 10-Jan-15 21:18:58

Maybe they can't afford a towel

hmm

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 10-Jan-15 21:20:14

Don't wanna see? don't look.

just a body. We all have one.

Eltonjohnsflorist Sat 10-Jan-15 21:20:52

Yabu -it's a changing room. Done people are comfortable with their bodies

CombineBananaFister Sat 10-Jan-15 21:20:55

my pre-frontal lobe is saying 'arrghh get over yourself, it's nakedness. it's pure and natural'
My normal self is saying (Dustman Hoffman rainman-like) - 'am soo embarassed, am sooooo embarassed@

Eltonjohnsflorist Sat 10-Jan-15 21:21:10

Or some rather

ThereIsACarInTheKitchen Sat 10-Jan-15 21:21:29

YABVU.

I for one like being naked. If it was up to me I'd be naked all the time.

ElphabaTheGreen Sat 10-Jan-15 21:21:35

I feel the same way OP but men do it all the time. DH said an acquaintance once came up, todger out, and had a lengthy conversation with him while they were in the change room. Said it bordered on the slightly uncomfortable.

I've told this one before on similar threads, but the memory is always dredged up against my will. I went to a gym that had a glass-fronted steam room in the ladies' changing area. Inside the steam room was a completely naked 50-something woman, legs akimbo (yes, for all the female world to see), epilating her lady garden. <boak, faint, boak again>

msgrinch Sat 10-Jan-15 21:22:42

wouldn't bother me. I'd be jealous that I don't have the confidence to do that. It's only a body. We all have them.

formerbabe Sat 10-Jan-15 21:24:23

Inside the steam room was a completely naked 50-something woman, legs akimbo (yes, for all the female world to see), epilating her lady garden. <boak, faint, boak again

Vomit...the steam probably opened up the hair follicles making it less painful though smile ...kind of like when magazines beauty pages advise you to pluck your eyebrows after a bath as it hurts less!

lemisscared Sat 10-Jan-15 21:24:30

Lets face it though, the only people who strut around naked at the gym/swimming pool are massive posers with huge egos. They are the sort of people i would just look at like hmm I woulnd't be embarrased though

Bulbasaur Sat 10-Jan-15 21:27:45

How well do you expect them to sort their clothes and belongings if they have to keep their arms pinned to their side to keep the towel up? It's like trying to work with T-rex arms.

I personally avoid changing rooms, not because of nudity I just don't like changing at gyms. I'll shower in the comfort of my own home.

Just live and let live and stop going in the changing room.

Koalafications Sat 10-Jan-15 21:28:05

I once walked into the changing room at the gym and was met by a very graphic rear view of one of my clients bent over, naked. It was very hard to maintain eye contact during our next meeting.

DrSeuss Sat 10-Jan-15 21:28:16

Is this not in part like the whole public BF debate?
Getting a boob out to feed a child = normal
Generally flashing your tits = normal
Taking your clothes off for a shower, to dry and dress = normal
Generally stripping off in public = not normal

They remove their clothing because it needs removing at that time. Not for purposes of titillation, exhibitionism or as a statement, just like a BF mother takes a breast out for a purpose.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: