AIBU for kicking my husband out..

(131 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

natural123 Sat 10-Jan-15 20:23:23

I've just come home to find my DH and his two friends huddled around the cat blowing spliff smoke in his face. I gave him his marching orders and told him not to come back. He knows not to smoke in the house, I think he was showing off. Am I being unreasonable not to let him back home?

MishMooshAndMogwai Sat 10-Jan-15 20:25:18

Ick, gross. I'd be massively peeved too.

Don't know if you should permenantly kick him out for it though unless theres more problems with the marriage. Just have a good old chat about not being an immature prick.

YouTheCat Sat 10-Jan-15 20:25:44

What a twat! I wouldn't have him back. Poor cat.

MishMooshAndMogwai Sat 10-Jan-15 20:26:28

Also, I'd have a problem with drugs in the house.

If there's children in the house then he wouldn't be coming back

LadyLuck10 Sat 10-Jan-15 20:26:40

Why not have a discussion about it? So you are kicking him out and expect to divorce him now?

ExitPursuedByABear Sat 10-Jan-15 20:27:20

Twat.

I can't abide cruelty.

ilovesooty Sat 10-Jan-15 20:28:06

Does he have a weed habit?

BuzzardBird Sat 10-Jan-15 20:29:42

Really? How old is he, 12?

Sounds like a catch hmm

BabyOnBoob Sat 10-Jan-15 20:30:09

That's really upset me actually. Poor cat sad

afreshstartplease Sat 10-Jan-15 20:31:18

Yanbu

What a twat

Patrickstarxx Sat 10-Jan-15 20:31:31

I remember seeing some lads blowing cannabis smoke at a hedgehog sad
I was a teenager and too frightened to say anything

Hatespiders Sat 10-Jan-15 20:32:46

A horrible thing to do to a poor cat. I'd have been reaching for the rolling pin.
I suspect there are other issues op and this man is not making you happy.

myfallingstar Sat 10-Jan-15 20:35:31

Sorry I wouldn't. Be married to a drug taker I presume you knew he was a druggie before you married him

natural123 Sat 10-Jan-15 20:36:46

DCs are at the G parents for the weekend. One of his friends thinks he's Bob Marley and brought it around. DH isn't a big smoker at all. I feel sorry for the cat although he doesn't seem fussed, just chilling. It's one of the first weekends without the DCs so I'm fuming.

SuggestmeaUsername Sat 10-Jan-15 20:36:47

That is cruel and immature. something you might expect from a bunch of ruly teenagers but totally unacceptable. well done for coming down hard on him. Also, the fact he is smoking dope makes him a liability

HighwayDragon Sat 10-Jan-15 20:38:26

When we were young and stupid teens my exs cat used to follow us outside when we had a smoke, and follow the spliff around the circle, we also caught him eating a bud too. Weird animal.

No yanbu forcing it on an animal is cruel.

QueenInTheNorth Sat 10-Jan-15 20:40:24

Poor cat! and stupid DH, I'd kick my DP out if he was smoking drugs in my house.

RJnomore Sat 10-Jan-15 20:40:29

You got some munchies for the cat?

Letting him back I would say depends on whether he has form or not. He's an adult and if he chooses to smoke outwith the house in his own time, ie when not responsible for children, I suppose I wouldn't personally feel I could do much about that but bringing illegal substances into the home and tormenting a wee animal would enrage me hugely.

And if he had a job which would be put at risk by a conviction for possession, I'd be furious as well.

Either of those would make me really consider the future of the relationship.

Pensionerpeep Sat 10-Jan-15 20:40:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

joanne1947 Sat 10-Jan-15 20:42:03

Chill. It is weed. Not legal and not harmless but probably no worse for him that several pints. Yes it is immature to try to get the cat stoned but I have seen a man feed beer to his dog to get it pissed.
It is a sad fact that weed is so widely used that it is socially acceptable to most many people.
It does not make you aggressive, does not cost a fortune, is mildly addictive, (so are bingo, alcohol, some soaps etc).

HaroldLloyd Sat 10-Jan-15 20:44:01

Is he a teenage boy?

HaroldLloyd Sat 10-Jan-15 20:44:38

But yeah it's fine because Joanne has seen someone forcing drink down a dog. Erm. Ok.

ilovesooty Sat 10-Jan-15 20:45:46

I don't agree with giving alcohol to animals and I think there's something very wrong with anyone who finds it acceptable.

natural123 Sat 10-Jan-15 20:45:47

DH is 40 and this is pretty out of character. I think he was egged on by his stupid friend. I've calmed down a bit now.

MissHJ Sat 10-Jan-15 20:46:51

I would be furious. I am zero tolerance to drugs in my home. So I would be peeved that my oh is smoking cannabis in our children's home and that he thinks that is ok to do to a cat. Seriously is your partner 12 years old.

He sounds a right catch hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now