Talk

Advanced search

To think this woman is overly offended ?

(27 Posts)
Thereisnoroomonthebroom Sat 10-Jan-15 18:14:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadyLuck10 Sat 10-Jan-15 18:16:44

Yanbu, she sounds like a nut. I would just not bother with her again.

53Dragon Sat 10-Jan-15 18:16:54

Sounds as though she's just not that interested in chatting to you - I don't suppose it's got anything to do with your error.

ShatnersBassoon Sat 10-Jan-15 18:18:30

I wonder if the name mistake was a red herring, and that she just didn't want to chat to you. If your kids are in the same class but you don't ordinarily talk to each other, there's obviously no great pull towards small talk for you.

ConfusedInBath Sat 10-Jan-15 18:18:52

Tell me the kids name first..
grin

AimlesslyPurposeful Sat 10-Jan-15 18:18:53

She may just not be that keen on you and you would have got the same frosty reception had you called her baby by the correct name.

I wouldn't let it worry you. Say a breezy "Hello" when you see her but leave it at that.

Flomple Sat 10-Jan-15 18:24:12

You might have touched a raw nerve, maybe people make that mistake a lot and you caught her on a bad day. Yes it does sound like an over-reaction but a lot of us have been guilty of that sometimes, especially when deep in sleep deprivation.

dexter73 Sat 10-Jan-15 18:24:38

If the last time you spoke to her was 9 months ago then I guess that you aren't particularly friendly anyway so that might be why she wasn't that chatty.

DancingDinosaur Sat 10-Jan-15 18:25:48

She sounds quite rude. I'd just say hello and move on in the future.

evelynj Sat 10-Jan-15 18:29:01

What is the name & what name did you use?

expatinscotland Sat 10-Jan-15 18:32:59

She's rude. Just swerve her from now on.

Nearasdammit Sat 10-Jan-15 18:34:01

I bet it's the name thing. She probably imagines that once someone has met her precious baby they never ever forget anything about him/her hmm

A bit like that post on here - which IMO is one of the funniest things I've ever read - where the woman seriously wondered if it was fair to take her pfb to see a friend - because it must be disappointing for the friend to be confronted by such an amazing baby when hers was so ordinary grin

Thereisnoroomonthebroom Sat 10-Jan-15 18:34:01

Thereisnoroomonthebroom Sat 10-Jan-15 18:35:41

LoisWilkerson15 Sat 10-Jan-15 18:36:05

She does sound oversensitive but what the hell did you call the baby?Dog Face? Chubs? Beelzebub? grin

mynewpassion Sat 10-Jan-15 18:39:05

Maybe you are a bit sensitive, too. She's just not that into you. Move on.

LaQueenAnd3KingsOfOrientAre Sat 10-Jan-15 18:39:42

AwfulBeryl Sat 10-Jan-15 18:44:19

Some people just can't be bothered to make an effort with people they're not that close too, it's rude and annoying but one of those things.
What's everyone else like ?

Cauliflowersneeze1 Sat 10-Jan-15 19:02:11

Is her child called Hugo / bunty ( or something else equally wanky ) and you child called <gasp > Tyler per chance ?

Aeroflotgirl Sat 10-Jan-15 20:14:08

She sounds stupid, ignore her.

xlibbyx Sun 11-Jan-15 21:39:13

When people are unfriendly to people that they don't know/aren't close to, it always makes me wonder how on earth they become close to those people and make friends in the first place when they're so rude and aloof?

wyamc Sun 11-Jan-15 23:18:23

I think you meet a fair few like that. It's really strange. Like they can't possibly talk to you in case you start stalking them or something. I walk up and down a long hill to school every day with the same people. Half of them will talk to you, half of them won't. They'll pretend they're looking at a tree or someting or quickly take out their phone, rather than utter hello to you. Before anybody says they're shy, they aren't. They'll talk to some but not others. It's so weird.

EmDuffers Sun 11-Jan-15 23:22:08

I get quite pissy when people get my name wrong but only if I've already corrected them on it before.

It also happens quite regularly so it gets extremely irritating.

Maybe its the same here, but to act like she did was ott and youre definitely nbu.

OopNorth Sun 11-Jan-15 23:23:18

OohNearasdammit do you have a link, sounds hilarious!

Notnaice Sun 11-Jan-15 23:53:18

I'd like a link too please.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now