Talk

Advanced search

to refuse to play :(

(11 Posts)
mikado1 Sat 10-Jan-15 16:23:38

Guilt trip central here.

I am 11 weeks pregnant and exhausted. Ds has been waking for the day at 5.30am and I work full time. Was up with him this morning and took him out for the morning and gave him his lunch. I then sloped offf to bed at nap time and am still here...was hoping dh would do bulk of afternoon but ds has just been up begging me to play and bawling... I am just so lethargic and nauseous with it.

Having written this I think iabu and will try get up. God I wonder how I will cope with two.

mikado1 Sat 10-Jan-15 16:25:35

Also was up for an hour during night with him. Have never gotten used to the tiredness that comes with parenting :/

MinceSpy Sat 10-Jan-15 16:30:23

Second and subsequent pregnancies can be extra tiring because you have at least one other child to take care off. It's understandable that your DS wants his mummy but DH needs to take on his share of the parenting night and day, I hope he is.

ShowMeTheWonder Sat 10-Jan-15 16:30:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ragwort Sat 10-Jan-15 16:49:13

What sort of 'playing' does your DS want to do - is he satisfied with the tv on or just being read to grin.

But yes, what on earth is your DH doing? Can't he take him out somewhere?

PlummyBrummy Sat 10-Jan-15 20:57:00

I know this feeling! DH only stepped in when it became pretty apparent that I would shortly have a break down/traffic accident because I was SO TIRED! DD1 not sleeping well, DH snoring, long commute and early pregnancy exhaustion had me virtually hallucinating. Strangely, I had no sympathy for DH when he came home 'tired' from work but still managed to leave me the lion's share of child care and snore all night long! Throw the baby monitor at him and take some ear plugs into the spare room with you. It's your sanity that needs saving here!

ACardiganForCat Sat 10-Jan-15 21:26:21

Cbeebies.

mikado1 Sun 11-Jan-15 00:12:08

Thanks all. Dh is great in fairness but he just doesn't measure up in ds' eyes!! Think may have to turn on the telly more than I'd like and somehow get him to play more independently over time. .

thegreylady Sun 11-Jan-15 08:47:45

Ask dh to take ds out so you can get some rest.

Vvvoom Sun 11-Jan-15 09:56:19

Sometimes you have to let go of your parenting ideals - actually quite a lot of the time. Put a film on!

Tell your dh that he has to take your ds out to the park or wherever so he gets a run-around. And definitely sleep in another room (or get him to) for a bit.

Second pg with a toddler is hard - just take every shortcut you can.

Ragwort Sun 11-Jan-15 10:09:59

In the nicest possible way might I suggest your parenting skills are very high? grin - I never 'played' with my DS particularly - I encouraged him to play independently and gave him suitable toys, games, books, jigsaws etc but I was never one of those parents who enthusiastically sat down and built lego models or railway tracks with my child. I was far too lazy to do that grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now