Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to wonder how on earth a terrorist managed to escape from the french supermarket?

(12 Posts)
IAmAShitHotLawyer Sat 10-Jan-15 13:29:09

How on earth did that happen? Weren't all the exits covered? Weren't all the hostages monitored when they came out?

imnottoofussed Sat 10-Jan-15 13:37:36

From what I read today the one missing wasn't actually at the supermarket. She was the one who was with the fella who shot someone at the petrol station. Then he went to the supermarket where he had another accomplice. From my interpretation it wasn't the woman, therefore she was already elsewhere after the petrol station shooting.

HouseBaelish Sat 10-Jan-15 13:58:19

She didn't. She wasn't at the supermarket

IAmAShitHotLawyer Sat 10-Jan-15 14:08:24

OK Thanks. Now I feel a bit stoopid lol!!!!

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Sat 10-Jan-15 14:09:25

I don't think the reporting has been very clear regarding her/her role, etc..

HouseBaelish Sat 10-Jan-15 14:10:46

Don't feel stupid at all smile

Her role yesterday wasn't clear at all - it is only since it has become obvious she wasn't there

SantanaLopez Sat 10-Jan-15 14:13:07

I'm more astonished that a radio station phoned the terrorist mid-siege. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?!

SwedishEdith Sat 10-Jan-15 14:17:51

I'm impressed that a graphic designer was texting the police all through the other siege. Technology is transforming hijacks,sieges, war etc so much. So I'm not even surprised about the radio station really

Chocolateteacake Sat 10-Jan-15 14:21:49

It all sounds like a film plot... Man hiding in box above siege telling the police what's happening. What a cool guy he must be (I would be curled up like a hedgehog absolutely terrified they'd find me).

I hope the police find all the accomplices and hangers (and the inciters, the old cowards that they are) on of this group. Guillotineing is too good for them.

SantanaLopez Sat 10-Jan-15 14:28:48

There's texting the police and there's phoning a terrorist though... what exactly did they think they were going to accomplish?

meglet Sat 10-Jan-15 14:32:56

two I know. They seem to be treating it as it's all over but she's still on the loose and presumably has access to weapons.

Chocolateteacake Sat 10-Jan-15 14:33:24

I don't think he actually thought he'd speak to the terrorist. Whose phone was it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now