Talk

Advanced search

To think DP is do obsessed with his 'old life' that I might as well give up with him

(17 Posts)
Sein Sat 10-Jan-15 00:13:12

Been together 3 years. In the early days he used to waffle on about his ex 24/7. Now he barely mentions her but I've noticed that a) he has photos of her still on his pc, b) he constantly whines about the virtues of marriage and c) tonight he were watching Harry Enfield, Wayne and waynetta where she tells him to sling his hook and DP says. " I always found this episode quite sad actually". Yeah because it reminds him 100% of his ex and their break up. He's now got drunk and is being his usual arsehole stroppy self with me. AIBU to assume he'll never get over his ex?

MulledLairyFights Sat 10-Jan-15 00:20:29

What exactly does he bring to your life?

AgentZigzag Sat 10-Jan-15 00:22:02

The three examples you've given do seem to be you maybe reading things into stuff he's saying, especially Wayne and Waynetta. Even if he didn't say it because he was missing his ex but because it still reminds him of his break up, it's OK for him to still be sad about how he felt at that time without being disloyal to you.

YANBU to think about giving up on him if he's someone who's a stroppy arse when he drinks too much though.

What's he like day to day?

Could you be overthinking him still pining after his ex? It does seem unusual for it to be a problem for you three years on. Are there other things that make you think he's comparing you etc?

pictish Sat 10-Jan-15 00:23:27

In the early days he used to waffle on about his ex 24/7.
And you didn't think to ditch him then?

Trills Sat 10-Jan-15 00:23:49

That one comment is just one comment, but it sounds like it reflect rather more?

ScotsWhaHae Sat 10-Jan-15 00:37:49

Wayne and waynetta reminded him of their break up? Details please!

Hamper Sat 10-Jan-15 00:42:00

Ugh. Sounds annoying!

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Sat 10-Jan-15 00:46:45

He is still getting upset at a Harry Enfield sketch because it reminds him of a break up with an ex after 3 years with you?.

Unless it is because he is being deprived access to his DD Spudlika, YANBU to think he is still very much hung up on his ex!

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Sat 10-Jan-15 00:47:28

Sorry - Spudulika.

FightOrFlight Sat 10-Jan-15 00:47:52

I was in a relationship with a man who had a picture on display of the woman he had an affair with (when he was married, prior to us getting together). Needless to say we aren't a couple anymore ...

RandomNPC Sat 10-Jan-15 01:00:24

Did he want a 'brahn baby', and never had one?

Bulbasaur Sat 10-Jan-15 05:01:30

You're a rebound. Sorry.

I'd get rid to be honest. He won't be able to fully commit emotionally to a relationship with you until he's over the last one.

He needs to be happy single first before he brings another person in his life.

LadyLuck10 Sat 10-Jan-15 07:07:51

Why did you stay with him after he clearly showed you who he was in the early days?

Pensionerpeep Sat 10-Jan-15 10:18:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MinceSpy Sat 10-Jan-15 10:20:54

Run and don't look back, you are his rebound gf

Only1scoop Sat 10-Jan-15 10:22:32

Why would you put up with this?

pictish Sat 10-Jan-15 10:40:25

The last thing I want to do in a relationship, is become a therapist helping him to deal with his feelings for his ex!!

No siree!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now