Talk

Advanced search

to beg for your help in you live in Westbourne/Poole/Dorset.

(10 Posts)
BeggingYourPardon Fri 09-Jan-15 17:02:01

I own my own little business, I make jewellery cards and prints etc.

Last year I stocked a shop in Westbourne, paid to rent a shelf and left a decent amount of stock. I do the same for about 10 other shops countrywide but I'm not a huge business.

I have contracts, terms and conditions etc.

The shop/business in question has either dissolved or gone bankrupt. I'm owed rent, sales and my stock back and I'm discovering all of this through rather flakey emails.

I live 6 hours away. I don't care about the money (or rather there isn't a great deal I can do about it). But I've left some nice display things there and the stock could be sold in another shop if I get it back. But they won't respond to me!

I'm asking if anybody is local to that area and could collect me stock for me sad I could then arrange for yodel to collect it from you.

I will compensate you for the trouble. I don't know anybody in that area. I could be driving 6 hours to find a boarded up shop.

If nothing else I'm hoping some eager eyed detective Mumsnetter could do some poking for me?

Or should I just suck it up and lose it all this time round.

ilovechristmas1 Fri 09-Jan-15 17:11:46

bumping for you

good luck

Quitelikely Fri 09-Jan-15 17:29:37

Have you tried ringing another shop in the street to see if they can confirm if it's open or not?

BeggingYourPardon Fri 09-Jan-15 17:39:42

Quite that was going to be my next step of Sherlock Holmesian style prodding.

The shop was planning to shut and reopen in feb at a different venue. I've now been told this isn't the case and that I need to collect me work ASAP but all my emails/phonecalls to arrange collection are being ignored.

They are on a corner just out of the centre of a small town, but are next to a Tesco Express.

The shop has about 60 small businesses that rent space. Most are local, but I do know there has been a bit of a bust up between a couple of the smaller businesses and the owners, which may have led to this dramatic turn of events!

I am part of the facebook page for the shop and it's been locked down to prevent any gossiping.

Honestly the world of Arts and Craft has got a Mobster side to it. I'd be laughing my head off at the Jeremy Kyle of it all if they weren't sitting on a couple of grand of mine!

akindofmagic Fri 09-Jan-15 17:44:06

I'm in the Poole area - what sort of things need collecting? PM me. smile

awishes Fri 09-Jan-15 17:51:31

Me too if I can help? Pm me

BeggingYourPardon Fri 09-Jan-15 17:52:19

Thank you so much akindofmagic I will do.

I'm hoping that somebody on here will pop up to say they live in the very town, know the very shop I'm talking about and can at least say if there is still shelves and boxes inside or completely boarded up. I could save you a trip.

CisforCookie Fri 09-Jan-15 18:05:11

Hello,

I work in Westbourne, and I know exactly which shop you mean I'm afraid. I know other people who have stocked work there in the same position. As far as I know people still haven't had access to get their stock back, but there were lights on in the shop yesterday (although the windows are all papered over).
I'll be in Westbourne tomorrow so I can have a look, and I'm seeing the person I know who had stock there on Tuesday so I can ask whats going on for you. I know there has been talk of trading standards and small claims court though :-(
I know some of the local makers met up to discuss things, I'll find out if there was an email or whatever from my friend on Tues.

Hope that helps!

peachgirl Fri 09-Jan-15 19:26:26

You can PM me OP, I work in Westbourne and can go tomorrow. I also know the shop you mean sad

BeggingYourPardon Fri 09-Jan-15 20:44:57

cookie peachgirl awishes thank you all so much. Will pm when the small child is settled in bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now