Talk

Advanced search

to be disgusted and yet fascinated by this? [gross]

(31 Posts)
YourHandInMyHand Fri 09-Jan-15 10:56:50

I've had a bad case of tonsillitis and my meds seem to be slowly working, a cough seems to have just dislodged most of whatever this something yukky is. It's a big lump of white/red and green "stuff". I feel as sick as I am fascinated and rather relieved to know it's no longer in my throat!!

Yuk and awe at same time.

x2boys Fri 09-Jan-15 12:01:39

Have you got bacterial tonsillitis ? I,m very prone to this I always get white spots of bacteria on my tonsills but I always get penicillin within a few hours of coming down with tonillitus so I only feel ill for about two days .

flanjabelle Fri 09-Jan-15 12:08:21

Photo or it didn't happen. grin

olbas Fri 09-Jan-15 12:26:54

cor! I had tonsillitis once and I was cough up thick crispy khaki phlegm! I love it blush

marioluigi Fri 09-Jan-15 12:28:46

Ooooh I had this the other day. Thought I'd coughed up a bit of lung, was terrified.

YourHandInMyHand Fri 09-Jan-15 12:29:56

Doctor didn't swab just handed me the ABs, I'm always getting it. sad My tonsils were absolutely huge and so painful. They are feeling much less so today thankfully.

No photo - even I'm not that gross! It is fascinating. Not like snot or phlegm at all.

YourHandInMyHand Fri 09-Jan-15 12:30:46

A bit of lung! Yes it is hard to describe but it is that sort of texture/shape isn't it. Gross.

LongDistanceLove Fri 09-Jan-15 12:34:14

A tonsil stone maybe?

PedantMarina Fri 09-Jan-15 12:36:24

YABU

To not provide a picture.

marioluigi Fri 09-Jan-15 12:37:29

Whatever it was was causing my post nasal drip - as soon as I'd expelled it I could sniff properly and actually blow my nose.
I kinda wish I'd taken a picture blush

YourHandInMyHand Fri 09-Jan-15 15:26:29

Nope not a tonsil stone, those smell rancid and are a much different shape and consistency. [vomit emotion]

I so need my tonsils out! hmm

Ememem84 Fri 09-Jan-15 15:37:38

Ew. Gross. (But wish you'd posted a picture).

U2TheEdge Fri 09-Jan-15 17:09:27

I removed a massive tonsil stone from my son the other day.

I even have a picture of the tooth like looking stone!

HighwayDragon Fri 09-Jan-15 17:11:17

throat poo. I hate it

CatsClaus Fri 09-Jan-15 17:14:13

like chopped liver with a slimey greenness to it??

I was full of that when i had a dose of the flu and a lovely chest infection...I used to throw it in the fire to kill it, just in case it might grow into something more vile!

BlueBrightBlue Fri 09-Jan-15 17:15:38

Squish it, they stink!

EduCated Fri 09-Jan-15 17:25:35

Is it like a huge bogey, but more solid and a bit paler, with streaks of blood? Looks like part of your brain? I get those. Oh the relief when they're gone!

StrattersThePreciousSnowflake Fri 09-Jan-15 17:38:29

Ewww, DD2 coughed up one of those when she had whooping cough; looked exactly like a greenish tinged cooked chicken liver.

I took it to A&E with me when 111 sent us. They binned it, she was furious.

YourHandInMyHand Fri 09-Jan-15 18:54:12

I'm not squishing it, I've binned it - didn't think to incinerate it. grin

Yes like white brain matter. BOAK!!! I've felt so much better since.

fuckingpamela Fri 09-Jan-15 18:58:02

Sinus plug apparently.

Tobyjugg Fri 09-Jan-15 19:17:35

tonsil stone Always wondered if those things had a name. Who says MN isn't educational.

Stinkle Fri 09-Jan-15 19:20:40

I had something like that when I had tonsillitis last year.

Something white flew out of my mouth when a cough caught me by surprise. The bloody dog ate it before I got a look at it though

Salmotrutta Fri 09-Jan-15 19:23:11

<vomits silently in a corner>

EduCated Fri 09-Jan-15 19:30:21

envy <vom face> at Stinkles dog.

Sinus plug would make sense, I tend to blow them out my nose grin Every time I get one I have to phone my equally disgusting mother and describe it to her blush

Cornettoninja Fri 09-Jan-15 19:34:23

pamela I was just about to say that's very similar to something I managed to get out of my nose after a sinus massage once.

Different spot obviously OP but it does sound some sort of lump of evil. I suppose the whole airway system has varying amounts of mucus so it's not beyond the realms of possibility the infection stuff can come up from anywhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now