Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To complain about a "free" gift?!

(11 Posts)
GuiltyAsAGirlCanBe Fri 09-Jan-15 00:32:25

Just before Xmas I ordered a coat from a mail order company and used a voucher code to get some Xmas baubles as a free gift. However when the coat arrived, they had sent a child's electric toothbrush instead. Dd was delighted with it anyway - she is three - and we have been using it.

However the other day, I was brushing her teeth and she spat something out into the sink. It was a small piece of plastic, about 0.5 cm square, that had come off the head of the toothbrush! Clearly a choking hazard. Wwyd?! The toothbrush was free after all...

OwlinaTree Fri 09-Jan-15 00:34:37

It's a danger so I think you should report it to the company.

lurkernowposter Fri 09-Jan-15 00:35:42

Where there's blame there's a claim, you should get on the phone immediately and sue.

Alternatively, throw that toothbrush in the bin and forget about it.

GuiltyAsAGirlCanBe Fri 09-Jan-15 00:39:47

I don't give a shit about compensation, after all my dd came to no harm.

I do worry that it could be a danger to other children though.

GuiltyAsAGirlCanBe Fri 09-Jan-15 00:40:19

And of course the toothbrush is in the bin.

OwlinaTree Fri 09-Jan-15 00:41:57

Well there no need to sue, but an email to the company to say that it is a potential choking hazard, maybe stop stocking them.

You presumably don't want another one, and it was free so no refund?

GuiltyAsAGirlCanBe Fri 09-Jan-15 00:44:13

Yeah not after a replacement or refund.

GuiltyAsAGirlCanBe Fri 09-Jan-15 00:45:32

And I have no intention of suing either! smile

OwlinaTree Fri 09-Jan-15 00:47:33

Yes, the suing assumption was a bit strong.

CallMeExhausted Fri 09-Jan-15 02:21:43

I would advise the company. Send them an email with a positive start, thank them for the free toothbrush, and advise them of the defect.

For those who automatically assumed lawsuit, that says far more about your mindset than the OP's.

dragdownthemoon Fri 09-Jan-15 07:49:21

Yep, a friendly "heads up" email to the company, not a complaint, just for the purpose of information, another kid could get hurt from this.

Haha at people who assumed she wanted to sue them!! Really?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now