Talk

Advanced search

To think if you are going to complain about it then don't bother!

(8 Posts)
ApignamedJasper Thu 08-Jan-15 19:10:53

Walking dc's to school this morning, as we were walking down the road to the school the bus I need to get on turns up. I'm about 50ft from the bus stop and still need to drop dc's off at school before I get on so when he stopped for me I told him 'I do need to get on but I have to drop dc's off first so don't worry' thinking that he would continue on his way.

I drop dc's off & return to find bus still waiting for me, so I get on very happy smile

Bus driver proceeds to then berate me for being late & holding him up! I never asked him to wait for me! I'm glad he did but I could have got a lift if needed, hence why I told him not to worry.

Aibu to think if you're going to have a go at me about making you late just don't wait for me!

Babiecakes11 Thu 08-Jan-15 19:36:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Euphemia Thu 08-Jan-15 19:58:04

You told him you needed to get on. So he waited. Be clearer next time?

ApignamedJasper Thu 08-Jan-15 20:00:50

I was really shocked & pleasantly surprised that he did wait so obviously I was very grateful but I just didn't appreciate him making me feel bad about it confused I just think that if you do something nice for someone but it inconveniences you, you don't guilt them about it!

SurlyCue Thu 08-Jan-15 20:00:53

He misunderstood you, was annoyed but still waited for you? What an asshole hmm

ApignamedJasper Thu 08-Jan-15 20:02:50

Precisely Surly grin

zoemaguire Thu 08-Jan-15 20:06:35

Good god, round here if you are even 10m from the bus stop, flapping your arms like mad in 'i want to get on' gestures, and looking right at the driver, they will sail right past you. I'd like your bus driver on my bus route please, even if he's grumpy!

ASunnyTiger Thu 08-Jan-15 20:09:17

You didn't hold him up though, it was him that made the decision to wait for you - if waiting for you was going to cause issues then he should have put the round and his other passengers first and just left you behind. He chose not to, and as nice as it was for him to wait, that decision was ultimately down to him. I don't agree with him holding the OP responsible for a decision he made, that's just nonsense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now