Talk

Advanced search

To think that someone would've invented....

(8 Posts)
lotusisaddictive Thu 08-Jan-15 16:39:58

A device to get eye drops into a 2 year old?!

I was given eye drops for my dd today and I'm supposed to put them in every 2 hours. So far I've done one eye then another in a space of 4 hours confused

I've tried everything to try and get her to open her eyes, I've even pinned her down and prised one open but now she won't come near me.

So now she is wandering around asking for the treat I promised her if she let me put them in and I'm trying to change the subject smile

Anyone got any advice?

EatShitDerek Thu 08-Jan-15 16:41:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

youareallbonkers Thu 08-Jan-15 16:41:44

www.gosh.nhs.uk/medical-information/medicines-information/how-to-give-your-child-eye-drops/

Rainicorn Thu 08-Jan-15 16:42:01

I hate having eye drops put in and once posted it on here and got given some great advice which works well for me.

Get her to lie down on her back with her eyes closed, drop the drops into the corner of her eye and then get her to open her eye. Drops go in straight away. Get her to blink a few times if you can as well.

Good luck.

creampie Thu 08-Jan-15 16:50:04

They don't really have to open their eyes. As long as you can get them to lie on their backs and put the drops in the cracks of their eyes, it'll work itself in anyway

lotusisaddictive Thu 08-Jan-15 16:50:19

Thanks that sounds really good about putting them in when her eyes are closed because she lets me wipe over her eyes so I'll sneak them in then grin

DamnBamboo Thu 08-Jan-15 16:51:11

Patience, cuddling, rocking back and forth and distraction works (eventually)

Rainicorn Thu 08-Jan-15 16:55:39

I wouldn't recommend leaving it in the corner to work it's way in as it goes into your nasal cavaty and you can taste the bitterness of the medicine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now